WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015-16 Panther-Cyclone Multi-Sport Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-16 Panther-Cyclone Multi-Sport Thread

The UNI Panthers face up against the ISU Cyclones several times this year.

09/05/15 Football

09/16/15 Volleyball

10/13/15 W Soccer

12/02/15 W Basketball

12/19/15 Basketball

01/23/16 W Swimming/Diving

02/05/16 Wrestling

Predict the score for each one.

Re: 2015-16 Panther-Cyclone Multi-Sport Thread

I'll bite (and probably be way wrong)..

09/05/15 Football 24-19 UNI

09/16/15 Volleyball 3-1 ISU

10/13/15 W Soccer 2-0 ISU

12/02/15 W Basketball 77-63 ISU

12/19/15 Basketball 68-63 UNI

01/23/16 W Swimming/Diving I have no earthly idea how scoring works.

02/05/16 Wrestling 18-14 UNI
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      I'll bite (and probably be way wrong)..

09/05/15 Football 24-19 UNI

09/16/15 Volleyball 3-1 ISU

10/13/15 W Soccer 2-0 ISU

12/02/15 W Basketball 77-63 ISU

12/19/15 Basketball 68-63 UNI

01/23/16 W Swimming/Diving I have no earthly idea how scoring works.

02/05/16 Wrestling 18-14 UNI
      BC, in previous threads I have seen you predict an Iowa State win in men's basketball. What's changed between then and now?

FWIW, as you know, I'm a dual fan. I really, really wish that last season's teams would have played each other. I think that not only would it have been one of most anticipated games in a long time in the state of Iowa, I also think it would have gotten so much attention that ESPN's GameDay would have paid a visit. If I could have found hypothetically cheap airfare I would have flown in for it in a New York Minute.

As to this season's upcoming game, I think UNI gives the Clones all they can handle, based on recent history, but I think this season's ISU team is just too good.

Comment

I'm not sold on Iowa State's mental toughness outside of Morris and Niang. McKay, especially, comes off as a real flake at times and I think that UNI can really frustrate him with physical play. Naz Long probably won't be at full strength after the hip surgeries and I'm not sure where perimeter shooting comes from if he's not consistent. I also think UNI has a huge coaching advantage now.

Oh, and the purple colored glasses are out in full force.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          I'm not sold on Iowa State's mental toughness outside of Morris and Niang. McKay, especially, comes off as a real flake at times and I think that UNI can really frustrate him with physical play. Naz Long probably won't be at full strength after the hip surgeries and I'm not sure where perimeter shooting comes from if he's not consistent. I also think UNI has a huge coaching advantage now.

Oh, and the purple colored glasses are out in full force.
          If Matt Thomas is on fire from the outside he can provide the perimeter shooting you mentioned. Notice the word "if" though; if he's cold he tends to be ice cold. Similar to Matty Bo in that respect, although I think Thomas is a better all-around player. Hallice Cooke can also be a perimeter threat, as he shot a pretty good percentage at Oregon State.

I'm not quite sure where you get that McKay is a flake, although to each their own. I personally think his athleticism could be a very difficult matchup for guys like Friedmann and Koch.

Comment

Working...
          X