WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Just wanted to start this thread to break away from the crapfest that the other became. So proud of DJ and the way his career as a pro football player has begun.

Thoughts on DJ and the Cardinals in general so far?
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Arizona is off to a fantastic start and I think this could the perfect fit for DJ. Definitely rooting for the Arizona Cardinals this year. Glad to see DJ contributing so much. The announcers were in love with him yesterday.

Comment

Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

I just wish the defense would stop scoring so many points so he could get more touches...
      #MACtion

Comment

With Ellington coming back soon I expect his role to decrease quite a bit. Not that it was that much to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
          With Ellington coming back soon I expect his role to decrease quite a bit. Not that it was that much to begin with.
          Yes, but I think they prefer his abilities in the passing game to Chris Johnson's and he will continue to be a part of their return game this season. It's also worth noting that Ellington has been a china doll to this point in his career. Another injury would not surprise me.

DJ's biggest hindrance is that coaches don't like involving rookies more than they have to unless that rookie was drafted specifically to be the feature-of-the-future. Considering Ellington is in just his 3rd year and DJ was a 3rd round pick, that was not the case in DJ's situation. Chris Johnson is 1-year insurance, DJ will continue to learn the in's and out's and next year could be the big 1-2 punch of AJ and DJ for the Cardinal backfield.

Comment

the problem is when he does get in the game...the defense is aware that the ball is probably going to him.
            (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              I just wish the defense would stop scoring so many points so he could get more touches...
              My fantasy team would prefer you shut your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                My fantasy team would prefer you shut your mouth
                I played against them this week. And Greg Olson.

Don't want to talk about it...
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  No kidding.

They are looking really tough right now if their D keeps being opportunistic.
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

Pre season hamstring set him back. Very athletic/smart player. Great defensive team. Cardinals will make the playoffs.

Comment

Hoping to get to the HOF while in Cleveland in a few weeks. Maybe I'll take my UNI flag and get a photo next to his display!

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        Chris Johnson's skill set seems to be as a between the tackles runner at this stage in his career. In that regard, he's superior to DJ. However, DJ is far more of a passing game threat. I'd think that once Ellington comes back, DJ's snaps will remain relatively unchanged.

Comment

Was Ban banned? Please tell me yes. This board was becoming boarderline unbearable.
                          Originally posted by TH1974
                          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther100 View Post
                            Pre season hamstring set him back. Very athletic/smart player. Great defensive team. Cardinals will make the playoffs.
                            They were pretty good last year until Carson Palmer got hurt. You're right about the defense too. That DJ is/will make some plays on a playoff caliber team is great publicity for him and UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              Was Ban banned? Please tell me yes. This board was becoming boarderline unbearable.
                              He's done absolutely nothing to warrant being banned from this site, so I highly doubt he has been. The fact that he is a frequent target of name callers like you is hardly his fault. I'd like to see the 4-5 posters that constantly attack him banned before him. The other few thousand of us get along fine with him.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                              X