WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Athletic Department positions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Athletic Department positions??

With Steve Gearheart & Jean Berger gone, do we have any rumblings about replacements for our senior AD staff? David Harris is new (heck, he only got to work with the President who hired him for two months and now Ruud is gone). That leaves Steve Schofield and Kerry Dickerson as two of the long serving staff. Didn't the ticket manager leave again?

I guess if given a choice - I am glad our coaching staff is so stable. Plenty of changes in tennis, soccer, and track in the last ten years. The rest of the coaches seem like they are all #1 in seniority in their sport in the conference.
    Last edited by '70 Grad; 06-27-2016, 05:54 AM.

Re: Open Athletic Department positions??

Justin Schemmel is still here too, he's the other deputy AD. Jean Berger is also here until September.

I wouldn't be too concerned. There aren't many more fluid businesses than college athletics. Lots of talented people out there if/when openings happen
    #MACtion

Comment

Are you sure Jean is here until September? Wouldn't she need to begin in August with the high school fall sports seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
        Are you sure Jean is here until September? Wouldn't she need to begin in August with the high school fall sports seasons?
        Her official resignation date is 9/1. I would guess she won't be here all the way until then as she'll use accrued vacation and what not...
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
          With Steve Gearheart & Jean Berger gone, do we have any rumblings about replacements for our senior AD staff? David Harris is new (heck, he only got to work with the President who hired him for two months and now Ruud is gone). That leaves Steve Schofield and Kerry Dickerson as two of the long serving staff. Didn't the ticket manager leave again?

I guess if given a choice - I am glad our coaching staff is so stable. Plenty of changes in tennis, soccer, and track in the last ten years. The rest of the coaches seem like they are all #1 in seniority in their sport in the conference.
          Where/when is Steve leaving? I missed that.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
            Where/when is Steve leaving? I missed that.
            Steve is now in the UNI Foundation.

Comment

Steve is now in the UNI Foundation.
              Thanks. When did that happen?

Comment

He went over in May...

Comment

He went over in May...
                  Again, thanks '73.

Comment

Steve was hired for a new position within the Advancement Division (Foundation & Alumni Association) - Associate Vice President of University Advancement, which is the #2 staff person for the Division. It is a good move by Lisa Baronio.

Comment

So we may be short handed, administration-wise, going in to the fall? Quite a bit on Harris's plate to start the job. At least he can get the people he feels comfortable with. (And it is not like he is having to hire coaches already.)

Would be nice to have people who already know donors to get the Dome expansion started.

Comment

Christina Roybal from Fresno State has been hired to fill Jean Berger's open position. Full details on unipanthers.com site.

Comment

Hope she/family likes Iowa winters!

Comment

Comment

Is "Deputy Athletic Director" a standard job title?

And is it substantially different than "Associate Athletic Director" (which seems much more common)?

Comment

Working...
                              X