WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coaching moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: coaching moves

So... I guess the CSU coach got the NU job?

Comment

Miles is definitely from the school of Mac. Always called Colorado State his dream job and then used the same words in his Nebraska intro.

How long before he ends up at Wyoming?
      #MACtion

Comment

Memo to coaches don't use the word dream job unless you plan on staying for a long long time

Comment

Multiple sources are reporting that Frank Martin from Kansas State is taking the South Carolina job.

Comment

Gregg Marshall has to be pissed he didn't wait another week to sign the new deal. He would have been a favorite to get the K-State job.
            #MACtion

Comment

KSU wanted Mac but he chose ISU. I bet Jake will be getting a call, not sure he'll be interested or not, but he'll get a call.

Comment

Saw on ESPN that they think Tim Jankovich is the person they would be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                  Saw on ESPN that they think Tim Jankovich is the person they would be interested in.
                  Make sense he played and coached there. Wonder why k state can't keep a coach and wonder why Illinois can't get a coach

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                    Multiple sources are reporting that Frank Martin from Kansas State is taking the South Carolina job.
                    Nothing like getting a coach that just admitted to potential booster violations two days ago:

Martin had made headlines Monday for another reason. Speaking during Sunday's broadcast of the NCAA tournament on CBS, he said that he regularly paid collegiate players who had played for him in high school when they had nowhere else to turn.
                    Working as an analyst on the telecast Sunday, Martin seemed to be making a case for better compensating collegiate players in need as he defended Kansas State senior Jamar Samuels, who was held out of the Wildcats' final game because of an eligibility concern.
                    "I coached 16 years in the same inner city in Miami that I grew up in. Do you know how much money I sent to kids that played for me in high school when they were in college because I knew where they came from?" Martin said, according to a transcript of the broadcast published by the Kansas City Star. "I knew they didn't have a father figure."

Kansas State coach Frank Martin has accepted the head-coach position with the South Carolina Gamecocks, he confirmed in a text message to ESPN.com.

Comment

Some people on Twitter are saying that Barry Hinson will get the SIU job.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                        Make sense he played and coached there. Wonder why k state can't keep a coach and wonder why Illinois can't get a coach
                        It sounds like there are some real issues at Illinois at the university level which might scare some coaches away. Their president just resigned after basically being run out of town by the faculty. They had an admissions scandal not to long ago as well.

Comment

Also isn't one of the conditions to "Lock Down Chicago" as well? I mean they continually produce tons of Div 1 talent and none of it goes to Illinois.

Comment

There are something like 6 Power Six schools closer to Chicago than Champaign. People, apparently including those that run the University of Illinois, don't understand how far south Champaign is.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              Some people on Twitter are saying that Barry Hinson will get the SIU job.
                              Wow msu to Kansas to siu. I always thought he was a good coach. Siu would be lucky to have him.

Comment

How far is carbondale from STL? 2-3 hours?
                                Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Working...
                                X