WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davis demoted from UNI beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremiah Davis demoted from UNI beat

Apparently found in bed naked with the Gazette publisher's son, as he has been reassigned to the Iowa City beat. Per his Twitter feed

@jeremiahdavis10

Our loss

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Re: Jeremiah Davis demoted from UNI beat

... and unfollowed.

Comment

Now I don't have to wade through all of those racing tweets...about the only positive thing about this news

Comment

I'm sure they'll find another quality guy, but I've really enjoyed Davis and Tigges in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
          Apparently found in bed naked with the Gazette publisher's son, as he has been reassigned to the Iowa City beat. Per his Twitter feed

@jeremiahdavis10

Our loss

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3
          not that there's anything wrong w/ that

Comment

It's a common practice for newspaper journalists to change beats every few years. I think one of the reasons they do it is fresh perspective. But, it also depends on how many reporters they have.

Comment

One of the Gazette's sports reporters (Scott Dochterman) is leaving at the end of the month, so I guess Jeremiah moved up to take over coverage of the Hawkeyes that Scott was doing. I sincerely hope that they find someone who is dedicated to UNI sports alone, as we don't seem to get any consistent articles if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                One of the Gazette's sports reporters (Scott Dochterman) is leaving at the end of the month, so I guess Jeremiah moved up to take over coverage of the Hawkeyes that Scott was doing. I sincerely hope that they find someone who is dedicated to UNI sports alone, as we don't seem to get any consistent articles if they don't.
                Jeff Johnson has been assigned to the UNI beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
                  The problem is it's a dying business model. Good to hear they're dedicating someone to UNI, but don't be shocked if that changes. Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post for what, $27???? That's a sign of where that whole business is headed.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                    Welcome to my Twitter follow list, Mr. Johnson ....

Earn it.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Earn it.
                      He will have to earn it for most UNI fans. Using a quick twitter search app that allows us to go back 3,200 (goes back to the beinning of May) tweets shows only one tweet referencing "Panthers". That was a July 23rd retween of the UNI College of Business

https://twitter.com/UNIBusiness/stat...610628/photo/1
                      Lisa Jepsen, associate dean, is having a great time at the @CRKernels game! #GoPanthers #kernals2k16
                      Tweets involving "UNI" over the same time....any variation of the letter sequence UNI

Matt Thaiss 2-out RBI bullet double to RF. Burlington 2-0. Thaiss is Angels' top draft pick in '16 out of University of Virginia. #Kernels
                      21 Aug from Twitter Web Client

Christian Ibarra has been with Lincoln Saltdogs of American Association. LSU guy drafted in '13 as junior, but not as a senior. #Kernels
                      9 Jun from Twitter Web Client

Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (@ridertownusa) reach into Hungary for defenseman: www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/b… #USHL #JuniorHockey

@GGjared Those uniforms are disturbing in a sense, yet strangely alluring ...
                      2 Jun from Twitter Web Client

@johnbohnenkamp I refuse to let Mount Union stop being a town!!
                      1 Jun from Twitter Web Client

University of Louisville commit. twitter.com/kjpilcher/status/734896…
                      23 May from Twitter Web Client

Mark Carlson of C.R. RoughRiders (@ridertownusa) wins USHL Coach of Year honors for 3rd time: www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/b… #USHL #JuniorHockey
                      13 May from Twitter Web Client

Boys' shuttle hurdle relay: Benton Community, Solon go 1-2. #iahstrk
                      12 May from Twitter Web Client

Benton Community, DeWitt Central go 1-2 in girls' 3,200 relay.

Top 2 in girls' 3,000 (official): 1. Maddie Bach (Marion) 10:42.35, 2. Sophia Gilbert (Benton Community) 10:51.75. #iahstrk

Girls' 3,000 meters: 1. Maddie Bach (Marion) 10:42.27, 2. Sophia Gilbert (Benton Community). #iahstrk

Jack Ahcan @A03Jack of the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders is the United States Hockey League Defenseman of the Year. Quite an honor. #USHL
                      Every article he's written has been about the Kernals, Rough Riders or prep football and baseball. His CR Gazette URL is "Diamonds and Ice"Given the fact he's still probably covering prep football full time, and likely still to be on Rough Rider and Kernal duty how much coverage can we truly expect? He also has yet to produce a single reference to UNI in any fashion since the announcement, meanwhile Davis is already pumping out UI volleyball articles.

This is a test of the Diamonds and Ice blog post. This is only a test. Huid aveniae quodicam, tatum …

Look at the Gazette's sports page - sections you can go to: Hawkeyes, Cyclones, Iowa Prep Sports, RoughRiders, Podcasts, More Sports, Auto Racin, College Football Contests, and Iowa Football Data

Not a single UNI mention in any way on the main sports page, including articles. Articles included? A wild Hawk released back into the wild at Kirkwood, a 2,000 year old Russian Monk who disrupted the Munich Olympics, something about a ground squirrel, and how to adjust to fall golfing.

Heaven forbid there are less than 4 people covering the Hawkeyes for the Gazette. Davis, Hlas, Moorehouse, plus stuff submitted by Erin Jordan, Craig Sesker, K.J. Pilcher, and what is labeled as "Gazette Staff".

Heaven forbid there be any damn UNI coverage. Make sure UNI fans don't ever get too high on themselves. Davis was too good at what he did for UNI. We must make sure that doesn't continue. Let's pull Jeremiah and give them this guy and then not have him do anything UNI related. Great job Gazette

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

This Jeff Johnson? The Iowa State Alumni Director has a side job covering the UNI beat?

"Jeff was named president and CEO of the ISU Alumni Association in September 1999. He has more than 30 years of higher education experience. Jeff oversees all Alumni Association programs, is secretary to the Stanton Memorial Carillon Foundation, publisher of all Alumni Association publications, an ex-officio member and officer to the Alumni Association Board of Directors, a member of the President’s Cabinet, and the Alumni Association’s liaison to the university and its affiliate organizations. In 2015, he became the first Lora and Russ Talbot Endowed President and CEO."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Earn it.
                          Don't know if I could handle the flood of hockey tweets. Ranks right up there with tweeting about nutrition labels. Think I will skip it.

Comment

Being on the Roughrider and UNI beats at the same time is basically impossible. They play hockey every weekend from the middle of September to May.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Lets just hope johnson doesnt do rough riders this year. It just suprises me he hasnt annouced he will be covering uni sports. Especially after davis announced it. On another note if you follow twitter and follow @unimbb i think whoever sends out tweets is seasonal. I know more about other schools basketball programs in the off season then uni. Hopefuly both gazette and athletic coverage gets better. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE HYPE IN THE OFF SEASON.
                              Last edited by PanthersMBB; 08-22-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X