WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa State @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State @ UNI

Big crowd, loud atmosphere...long matches.

Panthers win 27-29, 40-38 , 25-23, 17-25, 15-10

Seems like there's been a Cyclone Power-outage this fall.

Amie Held with 23 kills and 22 digs (first 20-20 game since '06?). Kendyl Sorge with 35 digs (top 5 single-game performance in UNI history), Kayla Haneline with 12 kills (and maybe a half-dozen aces??) and Bri Weber finished with 6 kills and 22 digs.

Took 3+ hours for the 99th win in the McLeod for the Panthers! Too bad Comcast lost my feed about 2.5 hours in

Re: Iowa State @ UNI

One of my 8th graders always wears UNI volleyball shirts to school, but says she wants to play for Iowa St. I'll have to ask her if she was paying attention tonight

Comment

#astormsacooling

Comment

Great match! That 2nd set was incredible - can't imagine what it took to get through it and then go on to 5 sets. Congratulations!!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go, Panthers!

Comment

very fun match to be at (and not just because I'm a UNI fan).
            kind of sucks though since I have to be up for work at 4 a.m. but I'm still too amped up to sleep. haha

UNI scored 124 points in that match, which is just shy of the record (in the 25-pt set era), of 127 (held by conference-match Wichita State in their 2014 match against Bowling Green)

Comment

Wow. What a match. Congrats to the UNI women. Iowa State is pretty good this year. This makes UNI the in-state champ.

Comment

WatchESPN missed most of the first set and part of set 4 and the beginning of set 5. Otherwise it was a fun match to watch, props to both teams. Obviously ISU is a quality program (though our friends at CF were not pleased). Schaben is something else.

We may not be undefeated but we've been in almost every set right to the end.

Comment

I'm old and out of touch with alot of popular music these days, but there is a song I heard played a couple of times at the volleyball match (and once or twice at football) that the student section got really into with syncronized "dance" moves/gestures, but I'm not familiar with the song. And due to the nature of the sound systems in the venues, plus my seating locations (and perhaps some hearing issues), I'm not even certain of the lyrics. (it starts out with a bass voice with a sort of chant). if anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you tell me the name of that song?

ironically enough, just after posting this, I turned on the radio to On Press Row and Steve Scofield was on talking about this song, I think.
                  I believe it might be "The Hum" (and the reason I couldn't make out the lyrics is because there wasn't any and it was humming. haha)
                  Last edited by vbfan19; 09-14-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

The Interlude >>>>>>>>>>>> The Him

The Hum is way too slow and it feels like they were trying to reinvent something that didn't need reinventing...
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      The Interlude >>>>>>>>>>>> The Him

The Hum is way too slow and it feels like they were trying to reinvent something that didn't need reinventing...

OK. So you don't like it. Is it true that the student section was really getting into it? If so, then I like it.

Comment

I'm so happy I was around for the Interlude and I'm still sad it "died". That thing was awesome and it's a shame that people acted like they were too cool for school to help keep it going and make it a uniquely UNI tradition for the long haul.

Comment

The interlude absolutely needed to die

Comment

Interlude was fun for a year or so. But after a while, I welcomed its retirement.
                            Watching a big student section doing the Hum routine is quite fun too,
                            but I'm sure it will start to get old too after a while.

But above all that, I just wish we could get even just half the student turnout from Tuesday night at more volleyball matches. Really makes for a great atmosphere.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the Interlude or the Hum until you see five students try to do it and make it something in an otherwise empty student section. Both dances and songs are great with a full student section.

And I will say... I think it needs to stick to the student section only. I'm all for the 80-year old guy in the stands wanting to stand up and have some fun but that's what made it "uncool" for students after a while.
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                              X