WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Softball 2017

I watched the Saluki-Redbird series last weekend, lots of hot bats for SIU. Guessing we'll have our hands full.

Comment

Successful "Bark in the Park" day today. We take two from the Egyptian dogs and now go ahead of them into first place. Two complete games, 4 - 0 & 5 - 2. Freshman pitcher from Waterloo, Jaci Spencer, throws the shutout and has a solo HR. Second game was a no hitter going into the 7th. (SIU did score an earlier run with some walks and a fielder's choice.) I believe we had zero errors on the day. Not bad for a team who's roster is almost half freshmen!!

Oh - and the SIU coach was tossed 2/3 of the way thru the second game. Complaining about balls & strikes??

Comment

Is Jaci Spencer related to Jadyn Spencer, who had some success with Alabama (and is now an academic advisor for the UNI athletic dept)?

Also, looking at the softball roster, I see the Krodinger twins are from Festus, MO, the same town as volleyball standout Amie Held. Not that that really has any relevance to anything, I just found it to be a fun fact.

Comment

Outstanding showing by the Panthers against a very good Saluki team. Pitching & defense were exceptional. Would think Varriano, catcher & Brittney Krodinger, 3B are the two best defensive players in the MVC for their positions. Did the umpires announce that they had thrown Blaylock? Saw she was watching from the parking lot & wondered if she had been ejected. Win one tomorrow Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
            Successful "Bark in the Park" day today. We take two from the Egyptian dogs and now go ahead of them into first place. Two complete games, 4 - 0 & 5 - 2. Freshman pitcher from Waterloo, Jaci Spencer, throws the shutout and has a solo HR. Second game was a no hitter going into the 7th. (SIU did score an earlier run with some walks and a fielder's choice.) I believe we had zero errors on the day. Not bad for a team who's roster is almost half freshmen!!

Oh - and the SIU coach was tossed 2/3 of the way thru the second game. Complaining about balls & strikes??
            I also heard one of their assistants make a comment later in that game when the ump made a bad call against UNI at the plate saying "At least she is making bad calls both ways."

Comment

Anybody that was at the game have an opinion about the Sammey Bunch getting hit at the plate/foul tip call at the plate?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                Is Jaci Spencer related to Jadyn Spencer, who had some success with Alabama (and is now an academic advisor for the UNI athletic dept)?

Also, looking at the softball roster, I see the Krodinger twins are from Festus, MO, the same town as volleyball standout Amie Held. Not that that really has any relevance to anything, I just found it to be a fun fact.
                Yes, they are sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by DCGFEB View Post
                  Outstanding showing by the Panthers against a very good Saluki team. Pitching & defense were exceptional. Would think Varriano, catcher & Brittney Krodinger, 3B are the two best defensive players in the MVC for their positions. Did the umpires announce that they had thrown Blaylock? Saw she was watching from the parking lot & wondered if she had been ejected. Win one tomorrow Panthers!
                  Alicia Crivaro played 3rd base in the first game and Brittney Krodinger played 3rd in the 2nd game and 2nd base in the first game. Courtney Krodinger fractured her hand and is out for 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                    Anybody that was at the game have an opinion about the Sammey Bunch getting hit at the plate/foul tip call at the plate?
                    Ball hit the bottom of her bat, foul tip.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                      I was sitting straight behind home plate. I thought it was possible that the ball simply hit the end of the handle. Just a possibility.

The two SIU players that were hanging out over the plate and got hit didn't move an inch.

Comment

Three errors in today's game. Replacing your starting pitcher in the middle of the first inning. We did have eleven hits though.

Comment

The issue wasn't errors. The issue was getting to the ball in your neighborhood.

Comment

Wow! KWWL actually did a story on UNI Women's softball tonight. Unfortunately, it was only due to the UNI-IOWA game in Cedar Falls tomorrow night. They at least acknowledged where UNI is sitting in the conference standings.

Comment

Great conference race this year, lots of balance, will no doubt be another MVC tournament where anything can happen. The worst team overall (E-ville) still has 16 wins and is a game behind us in the standing. The last place conference team (LUC) still has 18 wins overall. Only problem is nobody has a great RPI (ISURed is best at 59), there's a good chance everybody but the tournament champ will be left out of the NCAA again.

Comment

Maybe this is just me and my warped sense of humor but I found it funny last night that in the first inning an Iowa player hit a foul ball and it hit the Iowa team bus as it was arriving back at the stadium driving down the main lane.

I have noticed that UNI has struggled in the first inning in the last two games. They have gotten behind and been unable to recover. Hopefully, they can turn this around for Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X