WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klieman to Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Klieman to Minnesota?

Terry Allen

Comment

Kurt Ferentz
      Paul Johnson
      Skip Holtz

There are a few. It is more likely that you get a FBS head coaching job by being an assistant at an FBS school.

Comment

Who is Kurt Ferentz?
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
          Who is Kurt Ferentz?
          Whoops! Sorry. Not an Iowa fan.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
            Klieman to Minnesota wasn't a real worry.
            Klieman to Western Michigan will be a worry.

Lots of Wisconsin guys on NDSU staff that would recruit well in that area.

I'm surprised at PJ Fleck hire since I am a Minnesota Gopher season ticket holder...

NDSU/UNI are routinely better than MAC teams.
            I wouldn't say routinely better. The MVC schools would struggle with most of the MAC right now. Has been and will continue to be a tough conference with great football. I feel the same about the MVC too...for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
              Whoops! Sorry. Not an Iowa fan.
              Can't imagine many are after his nepotism in his recent coaching hires.
              Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

Can't imagine many are after his nepotism in his recent coaching hires.
                Program that pays $600k to a weightlifting coach and had 50 yards passing in bowl game won't go out and hire a real OC.

Instead...Hire an OL coach who happens to be the coaches son. Classic.

The Ferentz family continues to fleece the Iowa athletic dept.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

If his name was Joe Smith everybody would be raving about what a great hire he was. Time in the NFL and with Belichick and a P5 OL coach by age 30. He'll be really good because he's the one guy Kirk will give some leeway to.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Klieman may not be going to Minnesota but Paup is. Buddies with Fleck I guess. Good move for him but another great coach gone and huge loss for the UNI program. Now Farley has at least 3 holes to fill on the coaching staff...should be an interesting next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIPanther007 View Post
                      Klieman may not be going to Minnesota but Paup is. Buddies with Fleck I guess. Good move for him but another great coach gone and huge loss for the UNI program. Now Farley has at least 3 holes to fill on the coaching staff...should be an interesting next few weeks.
                      That is a great move for him if true, and very tough for UNI. Farley will have a hard time finding a guy with the ability to coach up players like Paup seemed to have. Good news is there's a few returning starters in that group.

Comment

Paup is the lone bright spot from our staff the last 4 years. Excellent coach that flat out produced, you can clearly see his impact on the program. I consider him to be virtually irreplacable.

We are headed down a long dark path to the abyss, I'm afraid.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

This is as down as I've felt about our football and basketball programs at the same time as I can remember. Somebody give me some positives that I can hold onto until things get better.
                          Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

This is as down as I've felt about our football and basketball programs at the same time as I can remember. Somebody give me some positives that I can hold onto until things get better.

Basketball is just having a reset year. The scholarship imbalance and youth have caught up, there are a lot of good pieces there. They just have to buy in to playing hard all the time.

Football, man, I just can't offer any words that may be comforting. I'll leave that for others...
                            #MACtion

Comment

I am not making light of this news on Paup. If true, he is an excellent coach and we've been very lucky to have him.

That being said, our defense has never really been a problem - it wasn't prior to Paup coming, and I'm not worried about it after Paup leaves. Our offense is where our struggles are.
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Basketball is just having a reset year. The scholarship imbalance and youth have caught up, there are a lot of good pieces there. They just have to buy in to playing hard all the time.

Football, man, I just can't offer any words that may be comforting. I'll leave that for others...
                                It's getting harder to buy in to your comment about the pieces being there with each additional loss. If the pieces are there, I think Jake would be closer to putting those pieces together by now. This team has had the doors blown off in every conference game so far and only one of those teams was worth a damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X