WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas Tickets

I was able to direct an alum now living in Oklahoma to the ticket office. He'll be in attendance on Friday.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Des Moines is by far and away the most expensive ticket in this round. Great combination of the city embracing the hell out of it and winning the lottery as far as what fan bases are assigned.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Des Moines is by far and away the most expensive ticket in this round. Great combination of the city embracing the hell out of it and winning the lottery as far as what fan bases are assigned.
        And my kids college fund is appreciative of that fact. Wish I grabbed my full allotment.

DSM has definitely done its research and is going above and beyond what is required for this round. Assuming things go as planned I think it's very likely we will see the tournament return to the Well.

Comment

They'll get into the regular rotation and this will also help them get the wrestling tournament back as well.

I just wish the building had 3000 more seats so that they could get a Regional.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            They'll get into the regular rotation and this will also help them get the wrestling tournament back as well.

I just wish the building had 3000 more seats so that they could get a Regional.
            Actually, the wrestling tourney helped them land basketball, not the other way around. My understanding is the NCAA used the wrestling tourney as an oppotunity to do some scouting on DSM, with the help of the Greater DSM Partnership. Men's basketball is a far bigger get than wrestling, and harder to win.

And you're right about the tickets, they've been sold out for some time. As for the teams selected, I can't help but think people at the NCAA want to help Des Moines justify the time and effort put into the event.
            Last edited by SteinPizza; 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
              See you there AC! Staying in Wichita Thurs. night. Interesting that the ladies will be in Lincoln Thursday. Wondering about a time.
              The open practice time for the men at the arena is 6:40-7:20 Thursday evening, if you are interested. Might be time for a St. Pat's Day green beer after that!

Comment

I have 5 seats together for the Oklahoma City sessions.
                They are Section 307, Row P, Seats 18-22. Top section on the aisle closer to center court (seat numbering goes right to left within a section when looking at the court).

Session 1: March 18 at 12:30pm (Oklahoma/Cal-Bakersfield and Oregon St/VCU). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.
                Session 2: March 18 at 6:20pm (UNI/Texas and Texas A&M / UW-Green Bay). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.

I can meet to exchange on Friday morning in OKC near the arena. If interested, please send me a Private Message on this forum with which session(s) and a phone number I could text. I will soon be listing on craigslist also, but will give preference to UNI fans who request within the same timeframe.

If (when!) UNI wins on Friday, I would also be selling the same seats for Session 3 on Sunday, with first dibs given to whoever buys Session 1 and 2.
                Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 03-15-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Saw something this morning that UNI sold its allotment but Texas hadn't

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
                    Saw something this morning that UNI sold its allotment but Texas hadn't

Are you serious? Link? If true, I will have to take back all those things I said about UT fans showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                      I have 5 seats together for the Oklahoma City sessions.
                      They are Section 307, Row P, Seats 18-22. Top section on the aisle closer to center court (seat numbering goes right to left within a section when looking at the court).

Session 1: March 18 at 12:30pm (Oklahoma/Cal-Bakersfield and Oregon St/VCU). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.
                      Session 2: March 18 at 6:20pm (UNI/Texas and Texas A&M / UW-Green Bay). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.

I can meet to exchange on Friday morning in OKC near the arena. If interested, please send me a Private Message on this forum with which session(s) and a phone number I could text. I will soon be listing on craigslist also, but will give preference to UNI fans who request within the same timeframe.

If (when!) UNI wins on Friday, I would also be selling the same seats for Session 3 on Sunday, with first dibs given to whoever buys Session 1 and 2.
                      More flexible on price at this point, and also will sell tickets to Session 3 as well (so Sessions 1, 2, 3 or All Sessions). PM me with a cell phone number if interested.

Sorry for the repost.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                        Are you serious? Link? If true, I will have to take back all those things I said about UT fans showing up.
                        Justin Surrency tweet:

@UNIAthletics Ticket office told me they sold out of allotted 450 tickets by Tuesday. Texas tix office says they haven't yet. #MarchMadness

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
                          Justin Surrency tweet:

@UNIAthletics Ticket office told me they sold out of allotted 450 tickets by Tuesday. Texas tix office says they haven't yet. #MarchMadness

I don't like to be wrong . . . but I really like the fact that we will have more fans in the lower level, so in this case, I'm glad to be wrong!

Comment

I tried to look at Texas forums. Hardly anything about the game and still talking about football.

Comment

Working...
                            X