WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobson's Named Mentioed for OK State Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobson's Named Mentioed for OK State Job

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
    I assume that they were going for something similar to "Trust the Process," but then realized that being creative is hard.
    I believe that 'Paddle the Canoe' is available...
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
      put him in an orange blazer or something.
      He already has an orange sport coat. The tailor needs to remove the cowpoke and put on an indian bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        Side note here but anyone else get a laugh at the picture of Underwood and the Illinois AD holding up a piece of paper with the #WeWillWin first of all why not something like a basketball jersey or put him in an orange blazer or something. Secondly that has to be like the lamest hashtag ever. We Will Win its like were really trying here and we will win eventually but give it time.
        It's Illinois, they're getting to get lamer than the Cubs #WeAreGood annoyance for the past 2 years. IMO, it didn't work.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
          It's Illinois, they're getting to get lamer than the Cubs #WeAreGood annoyance for the past 2 years. IMO, it didn't work.
          You don't think "We Are Good" worked? I mean, they won the World Series....

It came directly from Joe Maddon, not the marketing department. It was a simple way of trying to change the culture of losing. These young guys had finally come up, they had been absolutely terrible for 7 years and generally terrible for a century. Maddon was just trying to get the guys to believe that that was over. Trust me guys, I know what you are cabable of. We are good.

And they were good. They are. They won the World Series. So I'd say it worked.

Better than the "Cardinal Way", which doesn't actually mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
            You don't think "We Are Good" worked? I mean, they won the World Series....

It came directly from Joe Maddon, not the marketing department. It was a simple way of trying to change the culture of losing. These young guys had finally come up, they had been absolutely terrible for 7 years and generally terrible for a century. Maddon was just trying to get the guys to believe that that was over. Trust me guys, I know what you are cabable of. We are good.

And they were good. They are. They won the World Series. So I'd say it worked.

Better than the "Cardinal Way", which doesn't actually mean anything.
            IMO, a blind monkey could have walked into that clubhouse and won a WS. The winning actually started the August before Maddon even got there. That's all I'll say about that. Regardless, there's not much difference between "We Are Good" and "We Will Win". It's just hypocritical to say one is cool and the other is lame. I don't care who used the slogan, show me you can do it rather than talking about it. Maybe that's just me though.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
            X