WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruit update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit update

Just wanted to pass along that UNI recruit Adarios Jones will be wrestling friday and saturday in the Rex Whitlach tournament. It features 3 of the top hwts in the country with #5 Brian Allen from Hinsdale Central and #4 Mike Johnson from Montini Catholic. Jones is listed right now as #7 (rankings are from AWN.)
    the Hwt bracket features #1,2,3,5,7 in 3A plus #1 in 2A. Wrestling the best only helps you get better. Good luck AJ. BTW Josh Alber is ranked #6 by AWN. No rankings for Adam Drain, (yet). Illinois matmen will have free video of day 2 matches. Nice.
    Last edited by Unionpanther; 12-19-2013, 06:56 PM.

Re: Recruit update

AJ was seeded 3rd and won his only match by fall. He is on the same side of the bracket as Mike Johnson who won the Walsh Ironman last week (arguably the toughest high school tournament in the country.) I can't believe Johnson didn't get the #1 seed but big test for AJ in the semis. Here is a link to the brackets:

Edit: I was wrong. Adam Drain is ranked at 170, #15 by intermat. My bad for looking at the wrong weight!
    Last edited by Unionpanther; 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Wow, AJ just beat the nationally ranked #4 Mike Johnson in sudden victory in a semifinal match! He rode Johnson out in the sudden victory to win after a 1-1 regulation. Johnson won the very tough Ironman and he looked the part. He will wrestle #5 nationally ranked Brian Allen in the finals. I see why the coaches like this kid, very quick and athletic for a hwt. Consider me a fan!
      Last edited by Unionpanther; 12-21-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

AJ loses in ot on a last second take down to the defending state champ to finish second. He let up for a second and the much bigger Allen caught him. Here is a link to the video. The match starts around 2:52 Edit: Oops, its around 2:30, apologies for the confusion.

Watch high school sports and events nationwide, live and on demand, via the NFHS Network. Stream regular season and playoffs online from anywhere.
        Last edited by Unionpanther; 12-22-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X