WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
    Isn't that great? I thought he would find a way to make a name for himself and be a contributor somewhere, but who could have imagined how his rep and recognition would explode less than 2 years into his career?
    It's awesome! I'm very proud to say that I watched one of the top NFL football players play as a freshman in college.

Comment

Peter King gave DJ a little love in his MMQB column.

David Johnson, running back, Arizona. The second-year back from Northern Iowa continued to buttress a rising-star reputation Thursday night in the 33-21 win at San Francisco on a day when the running game had to be dominant as Carson Palmer (concussion) sat. Johnson rushed 27 times for an NFL season-high 157 yards and two touchdowns, and added 28 receiving yards. “He is the catalyst,” said Larry Fitzgerald. “When he starts getting his groove, teams start coming down to the box. It gives us opportunities to make some plays behind the defense in the passing game. Some of the cuts and some of the things he’s able to do on the field, you just don't see that too often.” That’s what I see too.
      Also:

1. I think these are my one-sentence truths of Week 5:

a. If I could pick one running back for the next five years to center my running game around, it’d be David Johnson of the Cardinals.
      "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

a poignant (or at least moving) article written by David on bullying:
        I know it is hard right now, but trust me when I tell you that it will get better. I’m living breathing proof of that.

Comment

Another day, another record. 11 straight games 100+ yards from scrimmage

Comment

UNIson went to the game just to see David Johnson play. Got a great seat in a low row behind the endzone.

Comment

Imagine what he could do if he had a decent offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
                Imagine what he could do if he had a decent offensive line.
                Yeah - it's been a frustrating season.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Quite possibly the worst o-line in the league. That DJ or Carson Palmer can do anything behind them speaks to how well they're playing. Palmer is running for his life on almost every play.
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

Haven't seen this posted. Fantastic article.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting my son a DJ jersey for Christmas. I'm thinking about getting myself one too. What do people recommend for buying such apparel? Do some outlets sell "offical NFL" jerseys and others sell unofficial ones? What exactly is the difference and how much more is it worth?
                      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                        I'm thinking about getting my son a DJ jersey for Christmas. I'm thinking about getting myself one too. What do people recommend for buying such apparel? Do some outlets sell "offical NFL" jerseys and others sell unofficial ones? What exactly is the difference and how much more is it worth?
                        Rumor has it ali express has good prices on UNI gear and professional jerseys. Didn't hear it from me though

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/dav...mming-national
                          So why did no Division I schools offer him a scholarship?

Once on the field, David remembered the slights from his state's schools.

It was a good article, those two headbangers not withstanding.
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/dav...mming-national
                            "In fourth grade, he excelled on a traveling dodgeball team."

And to think we thought we really knew David Johnson.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                              AliExpress.com

Really close to actual on field but a Chinese knock off. You'll pay a fraction of the price and get a good product.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                AliExpress.com

Really close to actual on field but a Chinese knock off. You'll pay a fraction of the price and get a good product.
                                Pretty sure that's where we got my son's last year, and it's really great quality.
                                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                                X