WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TC's Tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC's Tailgate

Well attended PSC event in Des Moines last night, 400 people or so. I could be wrong, but I believe for the first time they did not bus in people from CF. Framed net from NC game sold for $1,000. Sideline tickets to wrestling and football $400 and $600 I think.

Goal was to sign up 25 new members, they said they were at 18 and it looked like the lady was pretty busy after that so I'd guess they hit the goal.

Most of the coaches were there except Bobbie and Jake. Said they changed the date to meet Jake's schedule once, but another conflict came up apparently.

All in all pretty good event and it's come a long way since the year they started it and there were maybe 2 dozen of us in attendance.
    GO PANTHERS!

Re: TC's Tailgate

Gonzo, you're correct, there was no bus from Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
      Well attended PSC event in Des Moines last night, 400 people or so. I could be wrong, but I believe for the first time they did not bus in people from CF. Framed net from NC game sold for $1,000. Sideline tickets to wrestling and football $400 and $600 I think.

Goal was to sign up 25 new members, they said they were at 18 and it looked like the lady was pretty busy after that so I'd guess they hit the goal.

Most of the coaches were there except Bobbie and Jake. Said they changed the date to meet Jake's schedule once, but another conflict came up apparently.

All in all pretty good event and it's come a long way since the year they started it and there were maybe 2 dozen of us in attendance.
      Great update. Thank you!! Would have made the trip from CF myself if our son didn't have a baseball game last night. Great to hear about the new members, too!!
      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

There was a handful of people that still made the trip down from CF even without the bus. Last year they had 200 people preregister and this year it was around 260.

Only bad part about the night was running out of food which was why we stopped charging a handful of the late arrivals.

Comment

Made it out to the tailgate for the first time last night.

Had a great time. Great event. Loved to hear the coaches, D Harris and the interim prez speak. They were all excellent. Schwab could entertain for 30 minutes and Farley could get 50 year old guys to suit up pads.

That'll be a red circle on the calendar in the future.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            and Farley could get 50 year old guys to suit up pads.
            I say that every time I hear him speak. Good to know he's not losing his touch.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
            X