WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McKay suspended indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKay suspended indefinitely

"And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Suspended indefinitely for a bad knee. Some tough love down in Ames, add a sprained ankle and they will kick him out of school.
    "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
      Suspended indefinitely for a bad knee. Some tough love down in Ames, add a sprained ankle and they will kick him out of school.
      There was a lot going on behind the scenes. Long story short, the players aren't sad about him not playing tomorrow.

Comment

I read one article that said he quit, but McKay tweeted 1 game. Will be interesting to see how they do without him

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
          I read one article that said he quit, but McKay tweeted 1 game. Will be interesting to see how they do without him
          Here's what a well informed guy said on CF:
          "Ive mentioned a few times that certain players were fed up with a couple that don't give it their all, haven't practiced hard, and just goof around. Well, they made it clear that was not going to be tolerated anymore and McKay didn't like the change.

Team is coming together stronger. McKay has been a thorn in the locker room all year and finally lashed out by saying he's done with it. He subsequently cooled down but the damage is done. Prohm gave the suspension for missed practice and team will decide if and when he is allowed to return.

I fully expect to see a more focused team effort tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
            Here's what a well informed guy said on CF:
            "Ive mentioned a few times that certain players were fed up with a couple that don't give it their all, haven't practiced hard, and just goof around. Well, they made it clear that was not going to be tolerated anymore and McKay didn't like the change.

Team is coming together stronger. McKay has been a thorn in the locker room all year and finally lashed out by saying he's done with it. He subsequently cooled down but the damage is done. Prohm gave the suspension for missed practice and team will decide if and when he is allowed to return.

I fully expect to see a more focused team effort tomorrow."

This may be true, but it is based on inside information.

We in the public only know that McKay has been rather "dramatic" this season. He emotes a lot when he is taken out of the game or doesn't have a good game. And he has performed inconsistently without showing the characteristics that made him Big 12 defensive player of year last year. Of course, Prohm has been using him differently, moving him away from the basket. We miss his shot-blocking, rebounding (which actually hasn't been that bad), and running the court.

Hopefully, having Monte Morris as a roommate will probably help him get his act together.

Comment

54 pages on CF about the McKay thing

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                54 pages on CF about the McKay thing
                And they call him the drama queen!

Comment

Working...
                X