WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

He did post on this thread and stay on topic, unlike you, Kyle. Not a fan of the guy and his admittedly uninformed opinions, but you happened to be the one who's taking a thread off topic now.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      He did post on this thread and stay on topic, unlike you, Kyle. Not a fan of the guy and his admittedly uninformed opinions, but you happened to be the one who's taking a thread off topic now.
      You are correct, and I also chose to delete my post (which is why it is no longer here), as I didn't want it to indirectly "antagonize" those who are offended when I even say hello to them and deflect a perfectly legitimate topic.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
        They were pretty good last year until Carson Palmer got hurt. You're right about the defense too. That DJ is/will make some plays on a playoff caliber team is great publicity for him and UNI.
        I think Palmer is something like 15-3 in his last 18 starts. I don't know the exact record bit it's something crazy like that. If he stays healthy the Cards will be very dangerous

Comment

Palmer is the key to that team. It was a little bit amazing, though, how Arians held these guys together with complete stiffs at QB at the end of last year. He's a GREAT coach.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

I will dial down my earlier Super Bowl pick. I like the Cardinals to be in the NFC Title Game. A long season in front. Overall, very impressed with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
              I think Palmer is something like 15-3 in his last 18 starts. I don't know the exact record bit it's something crazy like that. If he stays healthy the Cards will be very dangerous
              I looked it up.

Palmer is 9-0 his last 9 starts - 3 this year and 6 last season
              He was 10-6 as a starter in 2013. 4 of those losses were by week 7.
              So since the start of the 2013 season he is 19-6 and since week 7 of 2013 the Cardinals are 16-2 with him starting.

Turns out, as long he's healthy they really should be considered a true contender.

Comment

Throw Patrick Peterson's name in there too. One of the best CBs in the league, dangerous return guy, etc. The Cards being good, and having multiple weapons, helps DJ.

Comment

Comment

Someone's been done cutting some weight! Yikes, he doesn't even look healthy.

Comment

and on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Chicago game, DJ fumbles on the opening kickoff return against the Rams

Comment

Still on pace for 16

Comment

Was thinking the same thing

Comment

Being featured more and more. Was the primary back in on the last two series when they were down 24-15 and 24-22. Targeted several times, including on their last 4th and 2 but Palmer overthrew DJ. TV guys even commented on him being used despite having a 'rough day' with the KR fumble and a dropped pass earlier.

Comment

Arizona ends up with their first loss of the season in the 4th game, 24-22. DJ's fumble hurt, but so did Larry Fitzgerald's fumble and at least one interception. Plus the fact that AZ settled for 5 FGs instead of pushing in for TDs. (granted, the Rams were pushing into the redzone at the end and just ran out the clock)

Comment

DJ is becoming a bigger part of the offense every week. They threw the ball to him more than any other receiver today, which is saying a lot when a guy named Larry Fitzgerald happens to be on the team.

I wonder if Arizona is giving Chris Johnson the bulk of the carries to keep DJ fresh on his receiving routes and special teams. Obviously they can't throw him the ball 10 times, give him 20 carries, and make him field kickoffs.

And LOL at DJ not looking healthy.
                                Originally posted by TH1974
                                This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X