WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    And LOL at DJ not looking healthy.
    I would also LOL at someone who doesn't think that Johnson looks healthy!

We finally agree!

Comment

DJ with another TD. He was an integral part of the offense in the 4th qtr with the game on the line. Chris Johnson had another nice game but Arizona has to be drooling over what they picked up in DJ. Big mistake to open the game but everyone makes mistakes. Ellington will be back next week? I'll be interested in seeing how things shake out when Andre is back on the field

Comment

Has Xavier Williams (who is also NOT the other person whom I was referring to about being too thin...hint, hint) had any or much playing time yet?

Comment

X hasn't recorded any stats yet according to the Cardinals webpage. Not that it means he hasn't seen the field yet in the regular season, but I haven't seen him out there.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            DJ with another TD. He was an integral part of the offense in the 4th qtr with the game on the line. Chris Johnson had another nice game but Arizona has to be drooling over what they picked up in DJ. Big mistake to open the game but everyone makes mistakes. Ellington will be back next week? I'll be interested in seeing how things shake out when Andre is back on the field
            I was at Jethro's in Waukee when he scored. It must have looked pretty weird when I was the only one in the bar fist-pumping after a score in a Rams/Cardinals game.
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I'm half expecting DJ to just become a slot/slash type guy. Can play RB if they need him, but sees more action in a Percy Harvin type role.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                X hasn't recorded any stats yet according to the Cardinals webpage. Not that it means he hasn't seen the field yet in the regular season, but I haven't seen him out there.
                He's been declared "inactive" each of the 4 weeks so far this season.
                (NFL teams have a 53-player roster for the regular season, but only 46 players are allowed to dress for a particular game, with the remainder being "inactive" for that game. Plus each team is allowed an 8-player practice squad. Not sure how players on injured reserve are factored in as far as the 53 player roster)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  He's been declared "inactive" each of the 4 weeks so far this season.
                  (NFL teams have a 53-player roster for the regular season, but only 46 players are allowed to dress for a particular game, with the remainder being "inactive" for that game. Plus each team is allowed an 8-player practice squad. Not sure how players on injured reserve are factored in as far as the 53 player roster)
                  Once you're on IR, your roster spot is freed up. That is, unless you're on the slightly different form of IR where you can return after a certain number of weeks (i.e. Tony Romo right now). On normal IR, your roster spot is now open, but you're done for the year.

Comment

David johnson just scored another touchdown. Still on pace for 16.

Comment

Arizona playing at Detroit today.
                      DJ had a 35 yard kickoff return, and now just scored on a 4 yard rush up the middle on his first carry.

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                        David johnson just scored another touchdown. Still on pace for 16.
                        now if they could only get the right picture up for him on the gametracker thing on NFL.com

Comment

Announcers just talking about how Arizona has been struggling with short yardage and red zone. Give it to the big back.

Zach Zenner is getting carries for the Lions in this game as well.

Comment

Yet another touchdown for David Johnson today. Yawn

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                              Yet another touchdown for David Johnson today. Yawn
                              only averaging 3 ypc. such a slacker

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                                only averaging 3 ypc. such a slacker
                                Dern end zone keeps getting in the way.
                                Last edited by ronfitch; 10-11-2015, 03:24 PM.
                                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                                X