WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Congrats 95!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      Yep. He and his group were really funny. Didn't get chosen to play fast money though... that was a couple of other guys.

Changed my tagline beneath my username...my daughter has decided on UNI to continue her education after she graduates next May...yahoo!

Hope she has a great experience like my daughter did. Hard to believe how quickly those 4 years went by.

Comment

David off to a good start to his second NFL season, opening against New England.
        Game could still go either way, but DJ adding to the highlight reel and getting lots of love from the commentators.

Comment

That run he pulled off last night was insane, again.

To quote Kent Somers - who covers the Cardinals out in Phoenix: "Won't see many better runs than that. Jump cut, spin, hand on the ground, stiff arm, 45-yard gain."

And I loved this one from Twitter, too: "David Johnson rips off a 45-yard run when he should have lost two."
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

To quote Kent Somers - who covers the Cardinals out in Phoenix: "Won't see many better runs than that. Jump cut, spin, hand on the ground, stiff arm, 45-yard gain."

And I loved this one from Twitter, too: "David Johnson rips off a 45-yard run when he should have lost two."

It was fun to flip on a live SportsCenter this morning and hear them raving about David Johnson!

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

Nice catch-and-run at the 0:26 mark of this video:

Arizona Cardinals RB David Johnson showed flashes of brilliance vs. the New England Patriots in their Week 1 matchup. Subscribe to NFL: http://j.mp/1L0bVBuSt...

He was targeted for a lot of passes last night in addition to carrying the load running. Just a great night for him.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

5. On this week's "David Johnson embarrassing defenses", we marvel at the second-year back's breakaway speed on this 58-yard catch-and-run:
                bwahaha, I love that line. you can see video of that play by scrolling down on this page.

DJ had a rather ho-hum day on the ground against the Bucs (12 carries for 45 yds), but had had a nice day receiving (3 catches for 98 yards)

Comment

He was also practicing throwing around linebackers today: https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/7...623424?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw View Post
                    He was also practicing throwing around linebackers today: https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/7...623424?lang=en
                    I wonder how much longer ballcarriers will be allowed to do stuff like that and stiffarms. They flag pretty much any time when a defender touches a ballcarrier's helmet, but ballcarriers seem to have free reign.

Though I do enjoy seeing what DJ is able to do with those moves.

Comment

I've seen several flags in the opening weeks where ballcarriers have been flagged for making contact with a defender's helmet, particularly on stiff-arms. I believe they've called players for illegal hands to the face rather than a face mask. Either way, I've seen it enforced. Packer fans probably remember Cobb or Adams getting flagged for it on a play in Jacksonville last week I believe.

Comment

DJ now leads the NFL in yards in a single game.

Comment

DJ is so good that this thread is irrelevant.

There's no need to share his successes because all we have to do is turn on ESPN to see them.

Comment

• David Johnson branching out in his spare time

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                              David Johnson branching out in his spare time

http://www.commercialappeal.com/stor...lane/91887782/
                              and this:
                              CHASKA, Minn. — This might actually be the best thing ever. During a practice round on Thursday at the Ryder Cup, Rory McIlroy and Henrik Stenson were practicing a 12 foot putt that they just could…

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                                DJ is so good that this thread is irrelevant.

There's no need to share his successes because all we have to do is turn on ESPN to see them.
                                Isn't that great? I thought he would find a way to make a name for himself and be a contributor somewhere, but who could have imagined how his rep and recognition would explode less than 2 years into his career?
                                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                                - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                                X