WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Beck's on the Hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Beck's on the Hill?

I drove by today and the signs and stuff on the outside saying that it's the home of the panthers is down. Anybody know what's going on there?
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

fair weather fans?
    ha, I hope not.

I haven't been by there for a while, so I don't know

Comment

I was told that another local bar complained to the University.....so they made Becks take the signs down.

PTTB's solution? Put a sign up that says "Home of Panther Nation!!" That won't break any licensing rules!!

Comment

I'm assuming Becks didn't pay for the licensing, hence they had to take it down when somebody complained?

If it was another bar on the hill, that's really shady. They complain for years, basically begging Barmuda to move onto the hill, and then they complain again when they do.

If it was a different bar off the hill, maybe you should improve your establishment to meet or exceed what Becks on the Hill is, and your business will improve with it.

In related "Barmuda" news, I hear that the Pump Haus is moving out of it's current location, and up Main street several store fronts. Barmuda, allegedly, plans to move Jokers out of Blackhawk Village, and into the building currently occupied by the Pump Haus. Interesting.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Pepper's who complained. But IMPO beck's is more of a "home" for the Panthers than Peppers, mainly for the fact that Beck's is solely panther-oriented, While Peppers has several prominant posters and flags of Iowa State and Iowa. While I understand that Beck's is targeted toward the college/young adult crowd and peppers has to cater to the entire cedar valley which *gasp* has some hawkeye and cyclone fans, the fact that Beck's focuses only on the Panthers is what makes them the "home of the Panthers" in my mind.

Note: when I refer to Beck's I am refering to the one on the hill. I have only been to the one on university once and didn't really see much of it, so have nothign to go off of.
          Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

It might be a situation where one place has paid sponsorship money to be the "home of the panthers", and thus got upset when beck's made that claim. I dunno.

Comment

its just a title...i could claim my room is the home of the Panthers...or my car, or anything else...stupid laws.
              Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
              the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

I went to Becks on the Hill for the first time Saturday before the MSU game and I was very impressed. I had a cup of the Chicken Tortilla soup and it was FANTASTIC! Nice atmosphere and more than enough purple and gold on the walls.
                "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
                  I went to Becks on the Hill for the first time Saturday before the MSU game and I was very impressed. I had a cup of the Chicken Tortilla soup and it was FANTASTIC! Nice atmosphere and more than enough purple and gold on the walls.
                  I made my first trip there as well. We loved it! It is so great to see the logos everywhere you look. Furthermore, it doesn't hurt to have ump-teen plasmas with college basketball on everywhere. Great environment and we'll be back.

Comment

The only suggestion that I would make to the Becks staff is that when a Valley game is one (SIU vs. Creighton was on Saturday) that is wasn't featured on any of the big screens. Valley basketball should be featured in a UNI sports bar. Just one man's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
                      The only suggestion that I would make to the Becks staff is that when a Valley game is one (SIU vs. Creighton was on Saturday) that is wasn't featured on any of the big screens. Valley basketball should be featured in a UNI sports bar. Just one man's opinion.
                      did you ask them to change it?

Comment

Where are the Barmuda folks, they're usually quick to respond to such topics on this board.

Comment

I had a clean line of sight to one of the smaller tv's...it was just something I noticed while we were there. Many of the patrons in there on Saturday late afternoon were wearing their Purple and Gold...so I think it was a Panther crowd. Very cool. That was fun to see...plus there were tons of people in the OP as well.

Comment

Did I miss something? I don't know when this happened, but I just noticed this morning that the "home of the Panthers" sign is now hanging outside again at Becks on the Hill.
                            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

It's been there for at least a few days. I meant to post about this, but forgot. Either they solved the problem, or it was simply being maintained and had to be temporarily removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X