WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Committed:
    Austin Phyfe..........6-9 F Waverly, IA (Waverly-Shell Rock) Rivals VC
    Tywhon Pickford....6-3 G Maple Grove, MN (Maple Grove)

Offered:
    Goanar Mar............6-7 F Plymouth, MN (De La Salle) Rivals ★★★ VC Committed to George Mason
    Brad Davidson........6-2 G Maple Grove, MN (Maple Grove) Rivals ★★★ VC Committed to Wisconsin
    Kobe King..............6-3 G La Crosse, WI (Central) Rivals ★★★ Committed to Wisconsin
    Myles Hanson..........6-5 G Chaska, MN (Chaska) Rivals
    Caleb Bennett.........6-4 G St. Joseph, MO (Lafayette) Rivals ★★★ Committed to Lehigh
    Jared Ridder............6-5 F Springfield, MO (Kickapoo) Rivals ★★★ Committed to Xavier
    Sasha Stefanovic....6-4 G Crown Point, IN (Crown Point) VC Committed to Purdue
    Trae Berhow...........6-5 G Watertown, MN (Watertown-Mayer) VC Committed to Pepperdine

Interested In
    Ishmael El-Amin.....5-11 G Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins)
    Simon Wright..........6-5 F Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins) Rivas
    Jordan Horn............6-3 G St. Paul, MN (Tartan) Rivals
    Nathan Reuvers.......6-9 F Lakeville, MN (North) Rivals ★★★★ Committed to Wisconsin
    McKinley Wright.......6-0 G Champlin, MN (Champlin Park) Rivals ★★★
    Dedoch Chan...........6-7 F Albert Lea, MN (Albert Lea) Rivals
    Logan Strom............6-8 F Norfolk, NE (Norfolk) Rivals
    Bennett Vander Plas..6-7 F Ripon, WI (Ripon) Rivals Committed to Ohio
    Last edited by Moose39; 04-11-2018, 06:30 AM.

Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I'll reserve this space in case it's needed later.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheNextElAmin/st...46510304907264
      Ish El-Amin™ ‏@TheNextElAmin

Just got my first letter from Northern Iowa #Blessed
      http://go4report.com/howard-pulley-invitational-recap/

- 2017 point guard Ishmael El-Amin was very impressive for Howard Pulley 15U. Coach Kill would say he’s “lightning in a bottle.” He’s very fast, an excellent ball handler, and finished near the hoop. He’s very small. A Howard Pulley coach I talked with was very complimentary of him, and said that of the point guards at Pulley now (Jarvis Johnson and Brad Davison are the two big ones), he thinks that El-Amin will be the best. “Ish” has a lot Dre Mathieu in him.

Comment

I know Connor McCaffery is on the long list for most midwest schools.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
          I know Connor McCaffery is on the long list for most midwest schools.
          I'll make a special note of that one.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

He he the son of the former "chubby" point guard that won the title at UConn

Comment

https://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...017/order/true

Comment

Wow. That is surprising

Comment

no kidding. hes certainly a mid major prospect at worst, but i didnt expect anything like that.

Comment

Well McCaffery committed to Iowa this morning. Kind of no surprise.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if he can maintain that ranking. Doubtful. Hopefully it doesn't affect the stormers pipeline to CF.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        Will be interesting to see if he can maintain that ranking. Doubtful. Hopefully it doesn't affect the stormers pipeline to CF.
                        Connor wasn't able to retain that ranking very long. ESPN released an updated top 25 of the class and he is no longer on it. He is considered N/R on ESPN now.

Where do the nation basketball recruits rank? Check out the player rankings on RecruitingNation.com

Comment

Im sorry but rankings mean jack. I don't care if a kid is a 5 star or a 1 star. I know there are some blue chippers out there who think rankings mean something. To rank a kid as a freshman/sophomore in high school is just stupid. Half of those kids will either reach their potential or bust (wasn't Peter Jok ranked like #1 when he was a freshman?) Now look at him, can barely stay out of legal trouble.

Im sorry but UNI beat KU (who had 7-9 Blue Chippers) with a team of average recruits. Rankings don't mean crap. UNI hangs in with Iowa & ISU (who both get decent recruits). UNI has proven that rankings mean jack crap and that no matter what if you work hard, you can beat anyone.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard. Always liked that quote!

Comment

We've offered a PF from Minnesota. Goanar Mar, a 6-7 kid from De La Salle

Comment

De La Salle is one of the best Hip Hop groups of all time. I like this kid already.

Comment

Working...
                              X