WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
    Just came back from the signing party. Was a great time... And Farley is stoked. Exciting things ahead.
    It was GREAT!! Mulligan's did an awesome job...

Comment

• Event was a cool idea, I'm glad they did it. I hope its something we continue to do.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        Looks like Jacob Hurla...the WR from Butler CC...played two seasons at Butler and went to Texas Tech for a season where he was on the scout team.

Texas Tech's site shows he chose TT over Northern Iowa coming out of Butler, and after the 2013 season will arrive at UNI afterall.

Looks like a big target with nice hands.
        This signing intrigues me. If this guy's good enough to start out as a Red Raider, by default he's worth a gamble by us. Especially as a skill player.

Comment

2 things

1) Would it be possible to have this stickied with the other commitment lists?

2) I noticed they had Allen listed as a RB and I suppose he did play some at Waukee, but his brother Trevor is the stud tailback, not AJ. I'd hope that's just a mistake and the plan is to beef him up and put him on the outside whether it's the line or at linebacker. I've heard he has a great mentality when it comes to the defensive side of the ball and just loves hitting kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            This signing intrigues me. If this guy's good enough to start out as a Red Raider, by default he's worth a gamble by us. Especially as a skill player.
            I think he went to Butler first and then walked on at Texas Tech

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
              2 things

2) I noticed they had Allen listed as a RB and I suppose he did play some at Waukee, but his brother Trevor is the stud tailback, not AJ. I'd hope that's just a mistake and the plan is to beef him up and put him on the outside whether it's the line or at linebacker. I've heard he has a great mentality when it comes to the defensive side of the ball and just loves hitting kids.
              There was a sidebar article in the DMR talking about Allen. Every reference mentioned him at LB. And, Waukee should be good year after year going forward. They just passed a bond issue to build their 40th new elementary school in the last couple of years. Admitted overstatement, but not by much - much of the new construction in DSM is taking place in the Waukee school district. And that's a sh#tload of new homes when you compare to the no growth dead zones which occupy most of Iowa.

Comment

I would guess Waukee from being a 1A school to having 2 4A schools in the span of 25 years, which is pretty incredible

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  I would guess Waukee from being a 1A school to having 2 4A schools in the span of 25 years, which is pretty incredible
                  Sorry for the off-topic, but if you visit West Des Moines, everything in WDM west of 50th street is the Waukee school district (as an example, Jordan Creek Mall is in the Waukee district). Much of the new WDM related home construction is occurring in this area. The WDM school district is basically land locked, and Waukee schools have room to grow substantially as what used to be farm land gets sucked up by suburbia. Nice homes too, which means the school system will have an ongoing supply on money.

There are also large developments going on in the western portions of Urbandale and Clive. A good bet says a lot of those kids go to Waukee as well, or Dallas Center-Grimes.

Comment

Norwalk is positioned to become the next Waukee over the next 25 years.
                    Originally posted by TH1974
                    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                      2 things

Andre Allen mentioned that his son would be playing on the defensive side of the ball. He once mentioned to me that his oldest son was the more gifted defensive player while the younger one is the more gifted offensive player.

Comment

Simply out of curiosity...how did we get on the topic of Waukee's growth and development

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
                          Andre Allen mentioned that his son would be playing on the defensive side of the ball. He once mentioned to me that his oldest son was the more gifted defensive player while the younger one is the more gifted offensive player.
                          There's no secret there, I've watched both of them Malay football against my younger brother since they were in elementary school. This is why I was really confused when I saw the football program list him as a RB recruit. There's no way he'd ever see meaningful time for us at RB...or I'd really hope not

Comment

The Allen's go to waukee.

As does 15 hoops offeree Mike Jacobson

Tons of talent coming through and engaged parents to help them. I moved here from CF in 2006 and i was on the edge of town. Just sold that house and it was in the middle of town. Moved to the edge of town again, this time southwest. They are building a new 6-7 building and a new 8-9 building next to each other in a cornfield near our new place. Still has a small town feel though and I can drink Busch light on tap at kenny's.

I believe the dividing line is 60th, not 50th, in case anyone cared.

Comment

And Ankeny, only 10 miles from downtown is poised to go over 100k in 15 years. What you should take away from all the chamber of commerce talk is that there is incredible opportunity to market UNI in the metro. Great influx of professionals with no local ties, and the panthers apparently on the verge of an impressive football run.

Comment

Sorry to keep up the Marcus Horne drama but a couple days ago he created some more buzz by simply tweeting: "BYU" and then having this come out a little bit later:

@BradHoiseth: Arizona Western (JUCO) RB Marcus Horne says he is deciding between BYU and Iowa State.
                                Well a Scout.com reporter for ISU and a BYU twitter were quick to report that Marcus has not been contacted by either school:
                                @Trey_Scott3: Iowa State is not recruiting JUCO RB Marcus Horne. Not happening.
                                @TotalBlueSports: There is a lot of buzz out there about running back Marcus Horne. BYU has not been in contact with him and is not recruiting him.
                                Looks like Marcus is stuck at Arizona Western. Another strange twist...their official roster lists him at 190 lbs. About 20-35 lbs smaller than many other reports and sites listed. This kid just reeks of an attention-seeking-egotist.

Gotta give him credit...he is a fantastic self promoter apparently. He's had so many internet fan bases go gaga over him and then freak out when he doesn't show up

Comment

Working...
                                X