WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 3rd

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
    What is the requirement for practice for Volleyball on Saturday?

Your right a 1 or 2 or even 3 kickoff would make things easier. But maybe Troy has realized that UNI football doesn't play as well when the kickoff is before 4:00 in the Dome? If you don't believe me look it up, Delaware '07, Richmond '08, Lehigh '10, SIU '11, and I am sure their are many more.
    Not just in the dome...but anywhere in general. 4 or 6 PM games have historically been real good to UNI football...other start times have not been as nice.

Dannen did what he needed to do to get the best chance for a W.

Comment

This is a logistical nightmare for the Athletics Dept. best of luck, there will be a lot of time on the phones getting the Dec 3rd weekend figured out and then making sure it all goes to plan. Resume material for those student interns!!
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        What is the requirement for practice for Volleyball on Saturday?

Your right a 1 or 2 or even 3 kickoff would make things easier. But maybe Troy has realized that UNI football doesn't play as well when the kickoff is before 4:00 in the Dome? If you don't believe me look it up, Delaware '07, Richmond '08, Lehigh '10, SIU '11, and I am sure their are many more.
        Richmond wasn't an early kick.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
          Richmond wasn't an early kick.
          It was at 3:00 instead of 4:00

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Fight View Post
            This is a logistical nightmare for the Athletics Dept. best of luck, there will be a lot of time on the phones getting the Dec 3rd weekend figured out and then making sure it all goes to plan. Resume material for those student interns!!
            We need to give props to all involved in this - from facilities staff - to Media Relations - coaches who are having their schedules adjusted - training staff- ticket staff -- etc. etc. etc. The price you pay for having successful programs -- I'm sure they wouldn't have it any other way!
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Football better get flexible fast. Nothing close to a 4:00 kick after this round...
              #MACtion

Comment

Hopefully Night Games, although if we play Montana, and notice I said if, it would be a day game due to their lack of lights, but it doesn't effect us as much away as home for some reason.

Comment

Per a tweet from Colin McDonough, basketball is staying at 7:00.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Not sure why they wouldn't at least push it back to 7:30. Lots of people have responsibilities at both football and basketball games.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Personally I would go to 8, not that late, but makes sure football is complete. When is Volleyball going to be, Thursday-Friday? I hope we aren't scraping our plans to host Volleyball the girls deserve to host the first two rounds.

Comment

sounds like one of three scenarios, if MBB is staying at 7:
                        - UNI will get Thurs./Fri. volleyball matches, or
                        - the second round match will be played at the same time as the football game, or
                        - UNI has withdrawn the hosting bid

Thurs./Fri. isn't ideal (less time to scout/prepare for opponents, as the tournament pairings won't be announced until Sunday (11/27) evening, but it's better than the alternative.

Playing during the football game will definitely hurt attendance (for volleyball quite a bit, but also for football to a small extent). Though of course, the VB team needs to win the first round match before the second round becomes a factor.

If UNI rescinded their hosting bid, I will be quite upset and disappointed.

- another possible alternative: perhaps a Saturday/Sunday hosting scenario could work, with UNI's match starting at 2 p.m., followed by the other match, and then the second round match could be played Sunday afternoon. Not ideal for maximizing attendance, but at least you wouldn't have as much overlap between UNI volleyball and UNI football.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          Gonna be tough for Rima to do both.

Comment

I cant figure out why bball would not move back an hour. Even just a half hour would be great.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Everyone... this is not finalized yet. They're still working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                                Everyone... this is not finalized yet. They're still working on it.
                                good to know. I can stop banging my head against the wall (for now, )

Comment

Working...
                                X