WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    I'm just wondering when all the posters who bash the two Kerwin fans on here are going to start in on these two James fans.

Or do you wait until the player is actually on campus? No I can remember a lot of bashing after Kerwin committed and was still a senior at BF.
    These new posters and the way they talk about James are just as bad as the two Bondu fans though

Comment

your saying like james doesnt have any talent and people are just trying to tell u that he does havent u seen any of his footage "clenz"

Comment

Originally posted by Superstar View Post
        your saying like james doesnt have any talent and people are just trying to tell u that he does havent u seen any of his footage "clenz"
        Yes I've seen the footage, I've had no choice. It seems like every post is about him and has footage of some kind. I agree he is good. I still think it would be best to red shirt him a year. You obviously are extremely biased towards him starting for four years and taking half the teams shots. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if you were either A) related to him B) a very close friend, or C)him.

I don't think that he is the best thing since sliced bread, or whatever the saying you use in STL is.

He is/will be a good player, but get over yourself/him "superstar". He won't be the team when he gets here. In fact, I'm still more impressed with Moran as a complete player.

What exactly are you a superstar in?

Comment

i'm not saying that he's going to be the man, i'm saying that he could help the program and u right i'm his best friend and i'll ride or die for him and from what i've seen last year they could use a player like AJ thats what we call him in STL HE IS A COMPLETE PLAYER I guess u don't recongnize talent when u see it. actually i'm not a superstar i just don't the message it brings

Comment

i'm not saying that he's going to be the man, i'm saying that he could help the program and u right i'm his best friend and i'll ride or die for him and from what i've seen last year they could use a player like AJ thats what we call him in STL HE IS A COMPLETE PLAYER I guess u don't recongnize talent when u see it. actually i'm not a superstar i just don't the message it brings
            What? Punctuation, grammar, and complete words would be very much appreciated. Anyway, we need a player like him? He will help us a lot in the coming years, but to say we need him is slightly egocentric. We played this year without a true PG and another one of our guards missing half the season.

Comment

yea if u say so, I STILL BELIEVE in my guy AJ!!!

Comment

yea if u say so, I STILL BELIEVE in my guy AJ!!!
                Which is great! I'm glad your going to stick up for "your guy". However, humility is a great thing to have in life.

Comment

James Is The Best, The Best Player In St.louis I Think U Just Don't Like The Stl

Comment

I've covered the area for years, independently and as STL HOOPS INSIDER. This year, Saint Louis had many D1 commits or signees including Scott Suggs (Washington), John Brandenburg (UVA), and the #29 player in the country Anthony Booker (SIUC). The fact that James has been picked to play alongside those guys in All-Star Games speaks volumes. Also, he's the 2nd leading scorer at Normandy HS, which has produced a lot of All-Americans over they years, and he did it in only 3 years. Its a talented area to draw from.
                    [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

James Is The Best, The Best Player In St.louis I Think U Just Don't Like The Stl
                      I don't like the STL? Why would I not like St. Louis? I have no problem with St. Louis other than the Cardinals.

Originally posted by STL HOOPS INSIDER View Post
                      I've covered the area for years, independently and as STL HOOPS INSIDER. This year, Saint Louis had many D1 commits or signees including Scott Suggs (Washington), John Brandenburg (UVA), and the #29 player in the country Anthony Booker (SIUC). The fact that James has been picked to play alongside those guys in All-Star Games speaks volumes. Also, he's the 2nd leading scorer at Normandy HS, which has produced a lot of All-Americans over they years, and he did it in only 3 years. Its a talented area to draw from.
                      I've never questioned his talent, if it came off that way I'm sorry for that. I think he can be a great, but I think a red shirt would be best for both parties. I get that James' "homeboy" doesn't think so, but realistically either James or Moran will probably have to red shirt. I see it being James because of the lack of a true PG on campus right now. That red shirt year would also allow James to refine those skills into the UNI style of play and put some size one that lanky frame of his.

STL HOOPS INSIDER, thank you for being respectable with your posts about him. They are more than informative, without a huge bias saying he will be the best thing to ever happen to UNI.

Comment

I really haven't seen your team play, so I dont know what your guard play is like. Are you guys loaded on the wing or something for next year? Also, I pretty much never worry about Missouri kids in the Valley. Miller from Wichita State a couple of years ago was POY in the conference. Darren Brooks, a few years back was POY and Defensive POY in the conference, and I think they were both redshirts as well. Falker was a redshirt from Missouri for SIU and Jamall Tatum was also from Missouri. I'm not saying James will be All-MVC, I'm just saying Missouri guys tend to do well in this conference. If James does redshirt, I cant see any way that he wouldn't be on the All-Freshman team as a redshirt freshman. Another year of experience and getting adjusted to the game could really turn him into a monster.
                        [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                          That red shirt year would also allow James to refine those skills into the UNI style of play and put some size one that lanky frame of his.

STL HOOPS INSIDER, thank you for being respectable with your posts about him. They are more than informative, without a huge bias saying he will be the best thing to ever happen to UNI.
                          I am excited about James as well but I really wonder if at 170lbs if he is ready for a full college season. We also have an abundance of SG/SF players. Of the two, I think James is probably the better candidate for a redshirt. Again I hope I am wrong because that would make him an incredible talent that UNI can really use.
                          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

i bet that james doesnt even weight 170 pounds he is probably around 150
                            Only person in the dome with a PURPLE shirt from 2005 and a red hat on

GAYEST WORD EVER "TOUCHE"
                            GAYEST THING TO PUT IN A POST "10 CHARACTERS"

Morons of the month from Waterloo

Comment

Originally posted by STL HOOPS INSIDER View Post
                              I really haven't seen your team play, so I don't know what your guard play is like. Are you guys loaded on the wing or something for next year? Also, I pretty much never worry about Missouri kids in the Valley. Miller from Wichita State a couple of years ago was POY in the conference. Darren Brooks, a few years back was POY and Defensive POY in the conference, and I think they were both redshirts as well. Falker was a redshirt from Missouri for SIU and Jamall Tatum was also from Missouri. I'm not saying James will be All-MVC, I'm just saying Missouri guys tend to do well in this conference. If James does redshirt, I cant see any way that he wouldn't be on the All-Freshman team as a redshirt freshman. Another year of experience and getting adjusted to the game could really turn him into a monster.
                              Yes we are loaded with SG/SF players. What we don't have is depth at the Point. Kwadzo is our only true point guard which is why all of the discussion is surrounding Moran. Haak played some minutes there but is really a shooting guard in my mind.

Carlton Reed (Sr) 6'4" - SG/SF
                              Jon Montomery (So) 6'4" - SG/SF
                              Travis Brown (Sr) 6'3" - SF
                              Kerwin Dunham (So) 6'6" - SG/SF
                              Drew Lundberg (Fr) 6'2" - CG
                              Brian Haak (Jr) 6'1" - PG/SG

Point Guards
                              Kwadzo Ahelegbe (So) 6'2" - PG/SG
                              Ali Farokhmanesh (Jr?) 6'0" - CG

I like what I have seen of James. He brings some skills that UNI desperately needed this season. If he is able to put on some weight, he may be able to work his way into the rotation for some significant minutes. However, I have a hard time believing that he will not redshirt next year.
                              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Don't forget that the weight issue was how Drake ended up with Josh Young and I think he turned out alright.

With our team having so much trouble driving to the basket this year, I'm all for having more athletic guards and it definetely seems that James is one of those. The more options we have for talent the better! I can't wait to see him in the starting backcourt with Moran whether it be next year or the year after.

Comment

Working...
                                X