WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jevon Lyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jevon Lyle

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
    How highly regarded of a recruit is Lyle? Seems like he is the least touted of the incoming class...
    He was an ESPN top 100 player very early in his recruiting (like 8-9th grade), but has since fallen off.

PTTB can probably give more info.
    Originally posted by TH1974
    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Jevon Lyle is no longer w/ O'Hara (per his father Jackson Lyle) but DJ Jackson is still on team. background: http://tinyurl.com/47l4fmb
      I have to admit, if this is true, I'm shocked. By my observations when he was on campus for camps or games, he was usually very reserved. I don't know what the story is here. The lady who is reporting this must have some affiliation with the website varsity.kansascity.com, which is a sports offshoot of the Kansas City Star newspaper.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I'd trade lyle for cougill in this class

Comment

That is pretty disappointing.

Though, we probably shouldn't be rushing to judgment until the the whole story comes out.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            That is pretty disappointing.

Though, we probably shouldn't be rushing to judgment until the the whole story comes out.
            its a message board. if this were twitter, he would be convicted and sentenced already

Comment

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Hmm...reads like the bad blood between Lyle and the other player had been around for a while before this incident.

I hope it's an isolated incident with Lyle and that it doesn't follow him to Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                  Fights with other star player? Ongoing rivalry? Ummmm...does anyone else see a problem with this kid fitting into UNI's program?! Jevon Lyle will/would be a role player with the returning players and within his own incoming class. I just don't see this as a good match at all...

Comment

Hopefully, this is a wake up call for him. Would hate for him to turn into another Jon Montgomery...
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                      I'd trade lyle for cougill in this class
                      Are your knees getting tired yet?
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                        Are your knees getting tired yet?
                        Mine aren't... you're fooling yourself if you think next year's team has enough in the paint to be competitive. We need a TRUE 5 in the worst way.

I'm not convinced on this story about Lyle though... something isn't fitting. I'm sure Jake and the staff are getting the low down however, and I will support whatever they decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                          Fights with other star player? Ongoing rivalry? Ummmm...does anyone else see a problem with this kid fitting into UNI's program?! Jevon Lyle will/would be a role player with the returning players and within his own incoming class. I just don't see this as a good match at all...
                          I agree with you. When you have a pg and a sg in your class who are both probably better than you. You better be mentally prepared to be a role player for a long time.

He signed before Mitchell right? I wonder how he feels about this. Going from having a chance to play right away to having a pg more highly thought of has to be rough.

Comment

Lyle has said from the beginning that he expected to redshirt.
                            #MACtion

Comment

The more I think about this, is there an 'out' here for UNI from a contract perspective regarding the scholarship? The kid beat up a teammate right before post-season play, don't want that in Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Lyle has said from the beginning that he expected to redshirt.
                                True but he committed in February while our other recruits committed in May and September. Maybe he is prepared for his role but it is just something to consider.

Panther1: Yes it is worrisome. There are "fights" that are really not fights and then there are real fights where someone gets hurt. A player getting a black eye is a real fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X