WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    He is built like K-jo, but bigger. I don't know if he will physically mature more, because he looks so built already.

He likes to mix it up down low. It will be interesting to see how he does against better competition.
    so is he a PF or SF? Can he guard big guys down low? Can he shoot?
    John 3:16

Comment

Can he shoot? What I seen he has a nice mid range game, not sure on the 3 ball, but I don't think we need him to do that.

Is he a SF or PF? I think he is a tweener, in a small lineup he easily can play the 4 more effectively than someone like Kerwin who always did his best but just wasn't a true post player, in a bigger lineup I think he can go outside. I so think he is a player that probably feels more comfortable close to the basket. From what I have seen of him he has a good Basketball IQ and that is huge for us.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        Can he shoot? What I seen he has a nice mid range game, not sure on the 3 ball, but I don't think we need him to do that.

Is he a SF or PF? I think he is a tweener, in a small lineup he easily can play the 4 more effectively than someone like Kerwin who always did his best but just wasn't a true post player, in a bigger lineup I think he can go outside. I so think he is a player that probably feels more comfortable close to the basket. From what I have seen of him he has a good Basketball IQ and that is huge for us.
        Thanks! Excited about our guys coming in!!!
        John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan4ever View Post
          Thanks! Excited about our guys coming in!!!
          I have very high hopes for this guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

From the limited amount I have seen - 15' in seems to be his comfort zone (at this point). I suspect that he will be a Lucas O'Rear / Dennis Rodman type of rebounder/defender. By that, I mean a guy getting many more rebounds than someone his height "should" be getting down in the paint.

That said, Marvin is much more of an offensive threat than O'Rear or Rodman. Marvin having a 4 pt average would be a disappointment. I think it is realistic to expect 7-12 point range.

Comment

you can watch Singleton tonight in the Minnesota class AAAA championship at 8:00. Hopkins tries to win there third straight championship, they take on Eden Prarie which is the only team to beat them this year.

http://prep45.kstc45.com/

Comment

Just turned it on...Singleton with back to back baskets. He's physically ready to contribute next year.
                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Singleton just hit a 3.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Great face up drive by Marvin, w/finish at the basket. 9 points. Tied at 19.

Comment

• Re: Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Wow. I'm very impressed.

First, he's playing on a great team. This is truly one of the best high school teams in the nation. I watched the (at one point) #1 rank HS team in Illinois (Simeon) play this year but I wasn't as impressed with them as I am with Hopkins.

Second, the other star on this team is Joe Coleman who is going to Minny, but I have to say, I'd rather have Marvin.

Finally, no way this kid redshirts, he'll be playing some serious minutes.

Comment

Marvin finishes with 13 or 14 points. Hopkins wins by 10+.

Marvin named All-Tourney Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post

Booya!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post

So let's see:

3 state championships
                            1 All-class state tournament MVP
                            2 MVP for the state tournament in their class
                            3 all-state tournament players
                            1 central Texas player of the year

and Jevon Lyle

nice class coming in

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                              So let's see:

3 state championships
                              1 All-class state tournament MVP
                              2 MVP for the state tournament in their class
                              3 all-state tournament players
                              1 central Texas player of the year

and Jevon Lyle

nice class coming in
                              I think we are underestimating Jevon Lyle's abilities, I think he is a very good guard that can have a very nice career at UNI. I am concerned about his finish to his High School career, but UNI can be a fresh start for him. He might not be a superstar for us, but you need quality role players to win conference titles and NCAA tournament games too.

Comment

He finished with 15. I only watched a couple minutes but he looked like a strong player. However, it is a little tough to judge a player when he is playing that far out of position. Also for some reason I thought he was 6"6' not 6"5'. So if the high school lists him at that does it mean he is really 6''4'?

Comment

Working...
                                X