WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bennett Koch

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
    I was curious about ppg and rpg for JE at this age.
    Probably more than that but he was playing 1A ball in Iowa. Don't know the exact size of Asheabakahsdlfakjsfl high school but its bigger than that I'm pretty sure

Edit: looked it up, I saw 1130 as the enrollment at Ashwaubenon high school. So in Iowa that would be, what, a big 3A school or small 4A?
    Last edited by Hail Our Panthers; 07-19-2011, 08:06 PM.
    Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

I think with this coaching staff, they do a great job of identifying talent early. I keep a recruiting board going in 'The Lounge' that lists when players have publicly reported they have offers. UNI offers guys early (often the first one), and then blow up. Rarely has there been a guy who didn't go to a BCS program if they were offered by UNI (unless they ended up at UNI). This staff does a great job of identifying the talent, and with Bennett, he's so young, but his genes are good (and obviously so is his skill set). He's not playing on one of the big AAU teams in Wisconsin (like the Playmakers which is who Shanks plays for), but he's developing with a good staff who teach solid fundamentals that he probably needs. He's going to have a target on his back due to his brothers' success. I'm sure Bennett will be a great get. With one MVC POY already in his family, and another top 20 player currently, I think Bennett should be able to project fairly well with those bloodlines.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
        Probably more than that but he was playing 1A ball in Iowa. Don't know the exact size of Asheabakahsdlfakjsfl high school but its bigger than that I'm pretty sure

Edit: looked it up, I saw 1130 as the enrollment at Ashwaubenon high school. So in Iowa that would be, what, a big 3A school or small 4A?
        Small 4A for sure. That's close to 300 kids per grade.

Jordan, as a junior, averaged 26PPG, 14 RPG.
        Stats And Go is web based statistics software for high school basketball, baseball, football, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, hockey, track/field, and more.

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Very tough to compare high school stats for JE because I don't think he went up against more than a handful of guys within 9 inches of him, whereas Koch will see a number of guys within a few inches of his height at the bigger schools. Jordan never had to jump and still couldn't get his shot blocked. Unfortunately not being pushed early made his development take a little longer at UNI. Wish we would have had him 1 more year.

Comment

Misunderstood '73. My bad!!
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by PFan23 View Post
              Very tough to compare high school stats for JE because I don't think he went up against more than a handful of guys within 9 inches of him, whereas Koch will see a number of guys within a few inches of his height at the bigger schools. Jordan never had to jump and still couldn't get his shot blocked. Unfortunately not being pushed early made his development take a little longer at UNI. Wish we would have had him 1 more year.
              The tallest team he ever played against was the title game his team lost in 2006. That team went 6'8, 6'7, 6'7 in the front court. I believe those were also the tallest players he ever played against in HS.

Comment

Update on Bennett. Averaging 14 points per game. Has had 15, 16, 17, 16, 11, and 17 points in his last 6 games (15.3 PPG). His team is 4-5, but 3-2 in conference. Unsure on other information.

TV clips of games: http://www.wbay.com/story/16402124/2...er-ashwaubenon (nice baseline dunk)

Comment

Bump. His average has gone down, but by 1-2 points.

Comment

keep us posted....VERY interested to see how he progresses

He doesn't have any dads that might get a coaching job with a conference rival does he? (kidding!)
                    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                    - George Halas

Comment

He is 6'8'' and a junior. Any chance he adds an inch or 2? Looks like he is having a solid year so far.

Can't wait to have him as a panther.

Comment

Ah hell, I'll hope he grows 5 more inches and hits 7'1".

But then again I can hope in one hand and sh*t in another and see what happens first.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post

But then again I can hope in one hand and sh*t in another and see what happens first.
                          That sounds incredibly unsanitary and I won't be giving you any high fives tomorrow after we kick CU's a--!

ps-work sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post

I don't care if he stays 6'8" - as long as he isn't afraid to mix it up inside and give us some legitimate post play (but 7'0" would be nice)
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                              I don't care if he stays 6'8" - as long as he isn't afraid to mix it up inside and give us some legitimate post play (but 7'0" would be nice)
                              I think he was there with his dad tonight. Looks pretty thin so will need to pack on some good weight. I'd guess red shirt first year like Jake did.

Comment

As long as we're talking about recruits were there any others at the game yesterday from the '13 or '14 classes? Talk about a great game environment!

Comment

Working...
                                X