WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Love this kid's game and would love to see him in purple and gold in the Dome. Agree he reminded me of Manziel a little too when I watched. Would be great to see some Dome magic from him.

Comment

To answer a question from above....

I can't imagine we have very much in scholarship money to give out. Tiny senior class without much star power to it. Lots of those guys on partials, if anything.

Wrong thread, but had anyone heard anything on Mac O'Brien?
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I can't imagine we have very much in scholarship money to give out. Tiny senior class without much star power to it. Lots of those guys on partials, if anything.

My understanding is he will be back playing next year.

Comment

I hope he is back playing next year, we need all of the depth we can get on the D-Line

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Doesn't stop the SEC.

Comment

I don't even remember what happened.

Comment

Haven't seen anything official yet but it looks like Reynolds was offered a gray shirt at Iowa, will take his official visit this weekend and is a near certainty to commit to the Hawks. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                  I was told that Grant Hammann from Dyersville-Beckman will walk-on at Notre Dame. Supposedly Notre Dame told him he would be a preferred walk-on and have a chance for a scholarship if he can get his 40 time under 4.3. This sounds really fast and the source I heard this from tend to stretch the truth at times.

It's pretty funny to hear the Beckman kids always telling people and putting in their recruiting videos that they run 4.4 40's. Very comical.

This one is saying he'd like to get UNDER 4.3 LOL.

Do they not know how ridiculous they sound? Do they really not know how fast a 4.4 REALLY is? Do they watch the NFL combine?

They would be mid 4.5 at best. Besides, most of them weigh like 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                    A good point. I wasn't sure what to do with him since some guys are explicitly listed as athletes and others just have their high school or preferred position. I'll make the change in a bit.
                    Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

Also I think I would list Ferch as an athlete, I am not sure but what he'll play defense here.
                    I've been told he is going to be a RB. He's not a defensive player.

His hudl profile/highlight video lists him at 6'2 215

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/144996...ights/44327373

Comment

Originally posted by pantha View Post

It's pretty funny to hear the Beckman kids always telling people and putting in their recruiting videos that they run 4.4 40's. Very comical.

Do they not know how ridiculous they sound? Do they really not know how fast a 4.4 REALLY is? Do they watch the NFL combine?

If he truly was that fast...his vertical would be higher too....
                      "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Originally posted by pantha View Post

Which was why I mentioned that the source I was told this from tends to stretch the truth. I would imagine if he was really that fast and wasn't getting BCS offers then he should go run track because that is really fast.

Comment

Sounds like Farley brought some guests with him to the wrestling meet tonight. I'm hoping some of the recruits on official visits enjoyed the passion and atmosphere of the West Gym. It'll be interesting to see if there is any more movement after this weekend in terms of offers or commitments

Comment

I know QB Dallas Sealey is flying in for his official right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerj4sho View Post
                              I know QB Dallas Sealey is flying in for his official right now.
                              Yep makes my day,we are flying people in for visits and the kid from Little Rock, Ia that stuffed us when we needed a yard vs USD is projected as an NFL draftee.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                                Yep makes my day,we are flying people in for visits and the kid from Little Rock, Ia that stuffed us when we needed a yard vs USD is projected as an NFL draftee.

Are you suggesting we do not recruit Iowa enough? Iowans make up about 70% of our roster year in and year out. We can't land every single prospect from the state.

And if you are worried that USD is going to start out-recruiting UNI, I would say that you should definitely stop worrying.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X