WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I would think more of a 3. I don't know if he is even close athletic ability to Morgan but it would seem like a good fit. If he does continue to grow then I think he'd fill in as a good stretch 4 or extremely big 3.
    Last edited by unipanther2154; 11-09-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
      The 2017 class is replacing aarias austin and jeremy Morgan. Assuming we pick up a commitment or transfer for the 2016 scholarship, we only have one scholarship left for 2017
      I am hoping we end up with a transfer or a juco that will give us a senior in 2018-19. With all of the freshman red-shirting we are slated to be without a senior that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
        I am hoping we end up with a transfer or a juco that will give us a senior in 2018-19. With all of the freshman red-shirting we are slated to be without a senior that season.
        I still think that we're going after Brad Davison. Point guard from MN. Has a high major offer as well. Might be one of hose kids who is too good to pass up

Comment

Not sure how this slipped by, but just saw we recently offered Trae Berhow, a 6-5, 200lb SG from Watertown, MN.

Apparently was at Wednesday's game per twitter

He has a few other offers from the likes of Drake, SDSU, Green Bay, and a couple others. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trae-berhow

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
            Not sure how this slipped by, but just saw we recently offered Trae Berhow, a 6-5, 200lb SG from Watertown, MN.

Apparently was at Wednesday's game per twitter

He has a few other offers from the likes of Drake, SDSU, Green Bay, and a couple others. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trae-berhow
            He can drive both ways and has a good jump shot. I liked the spin move as well. He can see significant playing time as a Junior. That's waiting in line for three years counting a red shirt season. Thank you MNpanthers. He wouldn't have to wait three years to play at ST Cloud State.
            Last edited by Panther100; 02-27-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Highlights of Austin Phyfe. He could be a big boy by the time he's a freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_a...junior-mixtape

One would assume we redshirt him though? Without transfers, we will already have 5 bigs including Carlson in our rotation. Regardless, I'm excited were getting him. Putting up 14 points a game as a junior.

Comment

Looks pretty solid, I noticed a lot of defenders on the inside ended up on the floor. He can step out and hit the 3 too, more or less a prerequisite for big men at UNI.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                    http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_a...junior-mixtape

Thanks for posting. That was a nice video. Must have been 100 plays in less than 3 minutes.

I've met him a few times and he is already a big fella. And a nice guy who is able to have a conversation with adults.

Didn't expect to see so much outside shooting.

Really like the ball and body control in the paint, even when he is getting bumped.

Looking forward to his role as a Panther.

Comment

Not bad, but every move on there was to the left. Hope he works on his right hand.

Anyone know how big he is?

Comment

The point guard at New Mexico is transferring as a graduate student and will have one year of eligibility and will be eligible immediately. He has been their best player. He is the son of the head coach. Would we have an interest? Good student, excellent player and good citizen I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                          The point guard at New Mexico is transferring as a graduate student and will have one year of eligibility and will be eligible immediately. He has been their best player. He is the son of the head coach. Would we have an interest? Good student, excellent player and good citizen I would guess.
                          He's actually got two years to play. He'd be a nice get, but I don't see it happening...

Transferring because of death threats on Twitter, wtf is wrong with people??
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            He's actually got two years to play. He'd be a nice get, but I don't see it happening...

Transferring because of death threats on Twitter, wtf is wrong with people??
                            That's sad.

Comment

Cedar Falls, Iowa - We don't make death threats!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                                His dad was also an assistant at Iowa under Alford(04-07), so he has some (albeit very little) ties to the state. Still probably a long shot for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X