WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    It appears that Lazarus Fisher, RB out of Mesquite, TX...Who had verballed a month ago...Will not be joining the Panthers.

Article says Coach Oguntundu visited him a few weeks ago to let him know we no longer had a scholarship available at the RB position. They were being reallocated to lineman.

Hmmm.

Interesting. He also has Air Force and Army offers.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Hope this means that he will land on his feet.

Comment

Fisher ended up at a D2 school. The other D1 schools who were looking at him had filled their slots.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I have a feeling that there is a new and needed focus on building our o-line back up to what it should be again. I can't argue with that at all.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
          I have a feeling that there is a new and needed focus on building our o-line back up to what it should be again. I can't argue with that at all.
          I can't either, just sucks to have to "take away" opportunities for kids who thought they would be available. You don't want that to become a norm or you're only hurting yourself.

Comment

I've heard that Kendrick Suntken LB transfer from Iowa Central is enrolled and doing S & C work outs with the team this semester.

Comment

Originally posted by BDPanther View Post
              I've heard that Kendrick Suntken LB transfer from Iowa Central is enrolled and doing S & C work outs with the team this semester.
              Thanks Kendrick.
              "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                I can't either, just sucks to have to "take away" opportunities for kids who thought they would be available. You don't want that to become a norm or you're only hurting yourself.
                Yes. I completely agree.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by BDPanther View Post
                  What do we know about him? First year contributor?
                  "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Big time get here, seen this kid play he is the real deal and probably why we pulled the offer from the Texas kid. There is still a chance Iowa may offer him very late, lets hope not. See highlights below.

Alphonso Soko Running back out of Muscatine

Comment

Originally posted by Laurencenim2 View Post
                      Big time get here, seen this kid play he is the real deal and probably why we pulled the offer from the Texas kid. There is still a chance Iowa may offer him very late, lets hope not. See highlights below.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3685753/...fa804f18441fc6
                      Soko had committed to South Dakota last summer with the understanding if an FBS offer came he may bolt.

We'll see if anyone else gets in the mix late.

UNI should be attractive to a young RB. We're not that deep there and after a RS season I'd think there'd be lots of opportunities for carries the next four years. And we're breaking the bank on OLmen.
                      Last edited by Blue42; 01-23-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Good balance, speed, and strength. A little short, but looks like a fantastic addition.

Comment

Been coaching against Alphonso in track for the last few years and I've always thought he would look good in shades of purple and gold. Hopefully, that will continue to be the case. He is one fast and sturdy dude, despite being a bit shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                            Been coaching against Alphonso in track for the last few years and I've always thought he would look good in shades of purple and gold. Hopefully, that will continue to be the case. He is one fast and sturdy dude, despite being a bit shorter.
                            I've got no problem with a slightly short, strong and quick back running behind a big nasty OL.

Comment

I've got no problem with a slightly short, strong and quick back running behind a big nasty OL.
                              Tank Corner, Earl Pebbles baby!!
                              "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Hopefully we can RS Soko, and Browning fills that role. I've never understood why he doesn't play more.

Also, Soko got some pub in recruiting circles. While that never guarantees anything, on the surface it sounds like a nice get for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X