WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class of 2017--Football Recruits

Does anyone know if UNI has offered anything to Kade Warner...Kurt's son.

Kurt has been pretty vocal on Twitter about his son not drawing any FBS or FCS offers despite being Arizona's career receptions leader. He's got some PWO offers but it's clear he wants a scholly.

Several have asked him about UNI but he doesn't answer...although he'll answer directly about other schools showing no interest.

Tough call for UNI. I'd love to have KW's boy here...would be good for program and he's got some game...but would cost you an out of state scholly and we're obviously being careful about spending those.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything.
    Last edited by Blue42; 01-30-2017, 07:29 PM.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I thought someone said he was going to an Ivy League school, which I took to mean he's a pretty smart kid and may play football in college but has higher priorities. He doesn't exactly need a scholly, unless he's dead set on paying his own way.
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Kurt's comments seem to be that he's concerned about him being a walk on because you're an after thought for the coaches...they're not invested in you.

Not sure if that's true but that's his take.

Can't imagine it's a financial concern.

Comment

Denzel Fondungallah...The WR who tweeted that his scholarship was pulled and then said Farley called to clarify it was not...Has verbally committed to.........Augustana.

Pretty sure the kid took on official visit to Cedar Falls this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            Denzel Fondungallah...The WR who tweeted that his scholarship was pulled and then said Farley called to clarify it was not...Has verbally committed to.........Augustana.

Pretty sure the kid took on official visit to Cedar Falls this past weekend.
            weird deal...He should've accepted earlier then
            "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Maybe it is a sore subject, but I haven't heard much on here about Oliver Martin. Learned last night that he committed to Michigan, then jumped in the pool with Harbaugh. Man, would I have loved to see what he could have done for four years in the Dome.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                Maybe it is a sore subject, but I haven't heard much on here about Oliver Martin. Learned last night that he committed to Michigan, then jumped in the pool with Harbaugh. Man, would I have loved to see what he could have done for four years in the Dome.
                That was never ever going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                  He had offers from all the mid-level to upper level Big Ten teams along with Florida, UCLA, Notre Dame, etc. He was never going the FCS route but it's a big blow to the Hawkeyes not getting the #1 prospect in Iowa.

Comment

Jaylen Campbell...6'1" 190 lb RB/LB out of Wisconson...Now a Panther.

Mentioned as one of best remaining uncommitted players in Wisconsin.

Had offers from NDSU and several other good FCS programs.

Comment

• Re: Class of 2017--Football Recruits

What's our list look like now?
                      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Her is our updated list. I may have missed someone, so feel free to list them and I can update later.

Mason Neisen-6'-5" 300 OL

Trevor Penning -6'6" 250 OL/DL

Isaiah Trousil - 5'11" 185 RB

Joshua Wegener 6'2' 280 OL

Tayshaun Cooper 5'11" 170 WR/DB

Brock Hadachek 6'4" 195 Athlete

Jared Brinkman 6'2' 265 DL

Justin Peine 6'6" 270 OT

Alphonso Soko 5'9" 170 RB

Jaylen Campbell 6'1" 190 RB/LB

Bryce Flater 6'1" LB

Bedale Naba 5'11" 250 DL

Chris Kolarevic 6'1 225 LB

John Yount 6'4" 280 OL

Johnny Sullivan 6'1" 179 QB

Riley Van Wyhe 6'3" 190 Athlete

Nick Simpson 5'11" 210 LS

Erik Sorensen 6'6" 300 OL

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                          That was never ever going to happen

Still. Kudos for UNI stepping up and making an early offer. From what I read, Martin might have stayed in Iowa City if they had made an early offer than coming in after everyone else started to do so. I can still dream about watching him eat up DBs in the Dome.

Comment

Full list in article.
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

• I wonder if signing day will have just as many new coaches announced as players

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                                Gotta hand it to Farley...despite some of the drama we saw earlier and the departure of some good coaches...that's a pretty good looking class. He can get talent to campus.

There are a few differences in the Courier's list and the one above....so we'll see how it all shakes out on Wed.
                                Last edited by Blue42; 01-31-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X