WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Michael Jones from Woodbury MN is another 2018 to keep an eye on. It looks like Coach Green was there at his game last night.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
      He's the #4 rated player in 2018 behind Weiskamp (Iowa) and AJ Green by IA Prep Hoops website. I haven't seen the kid play so that's all I've seen on him.
      Yeah that's what is so weird to me. I know Curry is good but if you have a D1 post player you'd think he'd play.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        I watched the full WSR - CR Xavier game and frankly I thought most of the Xavier team acted like a bunch of D-bags throughout the game.

That #32 on Xavier was a total head case. But lots of trash talk and crying about calls throughout the game from several guys.

Also thought the refs let Xavier play outside the rules on Phyfe. He was wrestling 1-3 kids anytime he got near the lane. They called 4 or 5 fouls but they could've called 30.

All that said, Mims does have some game.
        In my experience Xavier has always been like this.

Comment

I asked this same question a couple of weeks ago about Brinkmeyer. I spoke to a Valley fan that follows the program a bit. He said Brinkmeyer is definitely talented and can play. He said they have a 6’8 SR along with Curry 6’6 SR that start ahead of him and they get most of the playing time. He said Valley plays lots of seniors and the match ups against most opponents didn't allow playing three post players. He said he heard Brinkmeyer 6'8 isn’t done growing and is still figuring out his body. The guy thought Creighton was recruiting him as well, but I don’t see anything on that. We need someone that follows AAU ball to give us the scoop on Brinkmeyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            I watched the full WSR - CR Xavier game and frankly I thought most of the Xavier team acted like a bunch of D-bags throughout the game.

That #32 on Xavier was a total head case. But lots of trash talk and crying about calls throughout the game from several guys.

Also thought the refs let Xavier play outside the rules on Phyfe. He was wrestling 1-3 kids anytime he got near the lane. They called 4 or 5 fouls but they could've called 30.

All that said, Mims does have some game.
            Agree completely. Called a sophomore game of theirs this year, they were up 15 in the third quarter and I finally T'd their coach for batching about a 5 to 1 foul 'discrepancy' against them. He whined the whole first half as well. They were far more aggressive on defense and making contact, and we're still complaining on every call. Watching the semifinal game, it definitely appears part of their culture.
            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
              Agree completely. Called a sophomore game of theirs this year, they were up 15 in the third quarter and I finally T'd their coach for batching about a 5 to 1 foul 'discrepancy' against them. He whined the whole first half as well. They were far more aggressive on defense and making contact, and we're still complaining on every call. Watching the semifinal game, it definitely appears part of their culture.
              That's somewhat common among some private schools in this state (and some public schools for that matter). But some of the athletically successful private schools in this state expect different treatment from refs, umps, officials, etc...its mind-boggling at times what coaches and parents will say to you.

Comment

Brinkmeyer has been putting up good numbers this weekend at AAU. One of the weirder recruiting scenarios I can remember .

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  I was very Impressed with Matt Mims of Xavier while watching them play Waverly last night.

Very smooth player, good shot, good ball handler. Google says he only has a North Dakota offer. Are we in on him?
                  Mims is really good. You could do a lot worse.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UNI_RecruitList/...80818846343168

Oregon State, Northern Iowa, Drake, Utah, and Minnesota have all reached out to 6-10 2018 center Joseph Hedstrom of Hopkins/@MNCometsElite

He's only got offers from NDSU, Denver, and USD so far.
                    Last edited by sevelev711; 04-18-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                      https://twitter.com/UNI_RecruitList/...80818846343168

Oregon State, Northern Iowa, Drake, Utah, and Minnesota have all reached out to 6-10 2018 center Joseph Hedstrom of Hopkins/@MNCometsElite

He's only got offers from NDSU, Denver, and USD so far.
                      It's pretty remarkable that he's getting offers from schools that haven't even reached out to him yet.

Comment

2018 wing Michael Jones visiting Monday.

https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...11751019360257

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                          2018 wing Michael Jones visiting Monday.

https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...11751019360257
                          I can find nothing about this guy. The only stat I could find was that he leads his team with 25.2 pts a game, and I'm not sure how recent that was, because a lot of the other stats hadn't been updated since November (like that the team only played three games).

So apparently he had a streak of 50 free throws in a row, and it looks like he might actually average more than 25.2 pts a game. Usually has a very good night (30+) or an okay night (~15), not a whole lot of in between.
                          Last edited by sevelev711; 04-19-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Best player on a team that won one of the toughest conferences in Minnesota

Comment

White kid. Generic name. Yup, sounds like us.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                White kid. Generic name. Yup, sounds like us.
                                This sounds nothing like us

Comment

Working...
                                X