WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Dannen on KWWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy Dannen on KWWL

Great job today by Troy Dannen (and Ron Steele) on the Ron Steele Report on KWWL. Go to the KWWL website to watch it if you missed it. It will open a lot of eyes, I think. Proud to be a Panther.

Re: Troy Dannen on KWWL

What are the major highlights?

Comment

That was excellent information. Well worth the listen.

- Academic performance of athletic teams very strong.
      - Private funding raising very strong relative to peer schools.
      - We have a totally different economic model that UI, ISU or other BCS schools.
      - Facilities improvements have to be funded privately.
      - Luke Bryan concert raised as much $ as playing UI, ISU.
      - D1 football model will change but may not preclude BCS schools from playing teams like us.
      - Will try to do one of those a year.
      - Football program is in great shape.
      - UNI athletics is not what we are today w/out the Dome. Thanks Stan.
      - Creighton...we'll see how you do in the next few years after Doug's gone.
      - PSC participation/donations are critical.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Link to watch on KWWL's site http://www.kwwl.com/category/130142/...autostart=true

Comment

And we will be playing Creighton again after Doug leaves.

Well done report. Take the time to watch it. Also proud to be a Panther.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Good job by Troy. Not too much, not too little on any answer. Clear & honest.

Other topics covered: dropping baseball, getting fiscal house in order, internal University squabbles aired publically the last couple of years, leadership of the new President.

Comment

I've heard that Ron very much disagreed with kwwls decision to give up the broadcast rights to Panther athletics regardless of how much money they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                I've heard that Ron very much disagreed with kwwls decision to give up the broadcast rights to Panther athletics regardless of how much money they lost.
                That's good to know. I've always liked Ron and when I've met him he seems very genuine. I have appreciated having him in our community and I know he seems like a great supporter of anything "Cedar Valley".

Comment

I don't know if this is still the case, but I know Ron has taught some courses at UNI.

Comment

Nice interview. It really helps me feel like I know what is going on with the program.

Comment

I believe Ron has been teaching writing for electronic media for 11 or 12 years now.

All three of his kids attended uni. 2 played sports as walkons and the other was a massive douche.

Comment

I believe Ron has been teaching writing for electronic media for 11 or 12 years now.

All three of his kids attended uni. 2 played sports as walkons and the other was a massive douche.
                        Well-played!

Comment

Quoted. I may need to refer to this later.

Comment

I don't think many people on this board are going to argue about that last part.

Comment

A couple weeks back Iowa Public Television had the ADs from Iowa and ISU on. Anyone know if Troy was invited to attend and had a conflict or was UNI given a seat at the kids table? They did talk about playing UNI in football. Anyone else watch this?

Comment

Working...
                              X