WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How early do you start tailgating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How early do you start tailgating?

I'm new to UNI. How early do you start tailgating for football games? Can you come out during halftime? Do you tailgate after the games or just leave? What else do I need to do know to get prepared?

The "official" rules are that tailgating starts 3 or 4 hrs before kick. However, I've never seen any be asked to leave. Heck, if you come to a few games 3 or 4 hours early, you will have limited options.

Very few stick around afterward. Traffic flows very well so there isn't much of a need to wait it out. Depending on the week we will hang for an hour or so. It's just that not many do. I'm sure there is some rule, but I've never seen it enforced.

Comment

Re: How early do you start tailgating?

ive never had an issue with starting as early as I want. just use common sense and dont draw negative attention to yourself.

Comment

When I was in college I'd start at 2p Friday.
        Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

I'm starting tailgating right now.

Comment

All this talk about tailgating is getting me ready for football season!!! I have a big question, what should I make for the first tailgate ribs, brisket, or pulled pork? I'll let you decide panther nation!

Comment

We usually start around 11:00...especially on good weather days. And we always tailgate afterwards. No sense in fighting the traffic. I love the hour or so afterwards just hanging out with some music and discussing the game. Then tear down the tent and tables and head home satisfied. We usually leave at halftime for a cold barley pop or two, also.

Comment

i also love some post game Rima in the parking lot

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                  Good Lord, I hope you mean just listening to Rima. Well, Rima is a good looking guy. You could do worse. I'm just thinking the parking lot may not be the ideal location, if you were talking about something else.

Comment

It always bugged me that my wife insisted on using that term

Comment

We are always out and setup by 9:00-9:30. Always a good time...
                      #MACtion

Comment

Back in college I was out by 8 with friends. Now it depends on work if I get to tailgate at all

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

hey UNIDAD ndsu game, 5 hours before, drinks on me and capt cat in south lot!
                          UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Rima? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                              hey UNIDAD ndsu game, 5 hours before, drinks on me and capt cat in south lot!

Is it safe? I've seen a few of your posts and read some things about you that concern me.

Comment

Working...
                              X