WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Cyclone Bryce DeJean Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Cyclone Bryce DeJean Jones

Shot to death while breaking into an apartment this morning. Supposedly thought he was breaking into his girlfriend's place (they had been arguing when he came to visit his daughter), but it wasn't, and the occupant shot and killed him.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Re: Former Cyclone Bryce DeJean Jones

Ugh. Afraid this story is going to get worse. Girlfriend had locked him out. Happened at 3am. Patiently waiting for toxicology report rather than make circumstantial assumptions.

He had some great moments for Iowa State and was pivotal in many key games. RIP.

Comment

Hard to blame the shooter if what has come out is true. Guy broke down his apartment for then was banging on his bedroom door at 3 am. What a messed up scenario, just a series of weird events.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I've stated before that I've never been a fan of ISU's recent recruiting pattern of misfits of questionable character. It's too bad the guy lost his life, especially when he had a golden opportunity with a 3 year NBA contract. But he had a pattern of issues and I'm thankful he didn't find the correct apartment and potentially harm the female for whom he was apparently searching. I can't imagine it would have ended well for her. Don't blame the resident one bit for the shooting. Someone kicks in your door at 3 am, they most likely intend to do harm.

Comment

Originally posted by CF84 View Post
          I've stated before that I've never been a fan of ISU's recent recruiting pattern of misfits of questionable character. It's too bad the guy lost his life, especially when he had a golden opportunity with a 3 year NBA contract. But he had a pattern of issues and I'm thankful he didn't find the correct apartment and potentially harm the female for whom he was apparently searching. I can't imagine it would have ended well for her. Don't blame the resident one bit for the shooting. Someone kicks in your door at 3 am, they most likely intend to do harm.
          Exactly my thought when I heard the story.

What if he woulda found the right apartment? Then what wouldve happened?

Please ISU fan base...don't make this sound tragic cause the guy scored a few buckets in Ames. Just be glad he didn't go off this bad when he was in town.
          Last edited by Blue42; 05-29-2016, 02:20 PM.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            Exactly my thought when I heard the story.

What if he woulda found the right apartment? Then what wouldve happened?

Please ISU fan base...don't make this sound tragic cause the guy scored a few buckets in Ames. Just be glad he didn't go off this bad when he was in town.
            You know, it is possible to see this sad story in a nuanced way.

As a dual fan, I'll admit that BDJ wasn't my favorite Cyclone fan, as I think he wore out his welcome by the end of his one season in Ames, and his talent was outpaced by the headaches he provided, but he had made it to the NBA, and that's where the tragedy lies (and yes, I did use that word).

Despite all the BS that came with him, self-induced or otherwise, he had made it...and then he lost his life in a senseless manner.

I read on CycloneFanatic.com that the only person from his family that showed up at Senior Night at Hilton was his half-brother. If true, think about that...one person showed up and it's not even a full-blood sibling. I honestly believe that's where a lot of his problems started; if the only person in his family to show up at his senior night is his half-brother, to me that's the sign of a very dysfunctional family.

Comment

Or a man who burnt a lot of bridges?? The fact is we don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X