WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU vs. UofIowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs. UofIowa

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    There wasn't going to be an undefeated year from the Hawks either way.
    This just makes a UNI win in October that much more satisfying.

I'm just worried about Barta/Ferentz getting cold feet after this and buying out UNI's 2018 game with them
    That would be a great thing as you get the check without playing and then find another payday. It is the best thing that can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
      This. NDSU was just the stronger, better team at the end of the game. No way for Hawk fan to blame it on turnovers or fluke plays. They just got beat.
      They are already whining and gnashing teeth like the times we beat them in the Dome. They are in the "take our ball and go home"....never schedule FCS....schedule every sun belt and Mac team mode.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
        Are the SOS rankings so skewed that an FBS school who loses to a top ranked or highly ranked FCS school hurts them more than an FBS school losing to an unranked Sun Belt-type conference school?

What is worse for the Big 10 conference: Iowa losing to NDSU, or Wisconsin struggling against Georgia State. Or if they had lost, is that considered a "better" loss since they are an FBS school?
        Why does this matter? This loser thought process gets incredibly tiring. Great teams schedule great teams (home and away) and win. If you don't then you weren't good enough. Iowa fans think avoiding teams and playing tomato cans makes you a great team when in reality, it is the equivalent to watching PBS until Jan 1 when the real world shows up to reveal there is no mr Rogers afterall

Comment

Sorry if this has come up in another forum, but like... this is another great time to ask when NDSU will get the callup to FBS?... could be an addition to the Mountain West maybe?... Heck, put them in the Big Ten! They could be a contender in the West for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
            That would be a great thing as you get the check without playing and then find another payday. It is the best thing that can happen.
            Exactly. Get 2 checks for one game essentially. Can't beat that.
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

At some point an FCS team is going to crack the FBS top 25. NDSU definitely deserves some votes. Considering that they're the 5-time defending FCS champs, are currently undefeated, and beat the #13 team in the country, I don't see why it couldn't happen this week.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. If they had received some top 25 votes going into this week and/or had blown out their previous two opponents and Iowa, then there would be more of a case for it to happen.

Comment

I could see enough voters giving NDSU votes as a one-time thing for them to crack the top 25 this week only. Then going back to their normal voting the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                  Why does this matter? This loser thought process gets incredibly tiring. Great teams schedule great teams (home and away) and win. If you don't then you weren't good enough. Iowa fans think avoiding teams and playing tomato cans makes you a great team when in reality, it is the equivalent to watching PBS until Jan 1 when the real world shows up to reveal there is no mr Rogers afterall
                  It shouldn't matter. I agree with your assessment. I was just wondering why FBS schools like Iowa will not schedule FCS schools by claiming it will hurt their playoff SOS and then the added stigma of possibly losing to an FCS school. Whereas some of the FCS schools may actually help that SOS compared to playing a lower tier FBS school. And losing to a lower tiered school would be more shocking than losing to a UNI or NDSU. Like you said, great teams schedule great teams and hopefully win those games.

Comment

NDSU 27Th in AP poll
                    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

I dislike Iowa quite a bit, but I don't think they should've fallen out of the top 25 with that loss. The drop from 13th to unranked is quite telling of how the FBS thinks that the best team in FCS is far inferior to any and all FBS teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                        I dislike Iowa quite a bit, but I don't think they should've fallen out of the top 25 with that loss. The drop from 13th to unranked is quite telling of how the FBS thinks that the best team in FCS is far inferior to any and all FBS teams.
                        I don't think that at all. Look at Oklahoma, they fell from 14th to 25th after getting beat by the 3rd ranked (now #2) team Ohio State. Texas fell 10 spots after losing to Cal. Notre Dame and Oregon also fell out of the top 25 and are behind NDSU in points. I think NDSU is getting some respect in the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                          It shouldn't matter. I agree with your assessment. I was just wondering why FBS schools like Iowa will not schedule FCS schools by claiming it will hurt their playoff SOS and then the added stigma of possibly losing to an FCS school. Whereas some of the FCS schools may actually help that SOS compared to playing a lower tier FBS school. And losing to a lower tiered school would be more shocking than losing to a UNI or NDSU. Like you said, great teams schedule great teams and hopefully win those games.
                          Cause they are too busy believing the media machine

Comment

While I think that the talent level difference amongst the top 5 or so FBS teams and the top 15 to 25 or so FCS teams is less than many realize, Iowa should've dropped. They played two crap teams (especially ISU), but were recognized as a trending upward team prior to this. They're getting slammed for being way overhyped. That's not a slight at NDSU, it's more of a slam of Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIDebo View Post
                              gotta beat these guys in the Dome.

Yes indeed. This will make UNI the clear winner of the State of Iowa Cup.

Comment

I agree. This is too big of a drop. Iowa didn't look bad. In fact, I would argue that they played about as well as in most games during the season last year. It was just that NDSU play a little better, especially when it counted. I wonder how many voters actually watched anything other than highlights of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X