WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
    I have been told by multiple people who were "in-the-know" that Ezra is getting a full scholarship.
    Let's see we are funded to the technicality of the limit and we have 13 seniors and 23 incoming--out of state much more than instate tuition. Doubtful if he is getting a full ride unless he is a guaranteed starter and all conference/all american.

You might be correct, but the numbers don't add up. If I'm in the senior class to be and I was told my senior year is to be a full ride and we yet have the remaining roster commitments, I'd be pi$$ed.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      According to Troy Dannen's "Troy's Take" answer yesterday, UNI is fully funded at 63 scholarships.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
        We must have dug deep for him, thought I'd heard originally a partial. Hopefully he pans out, we are lacking on both lines.
        I think he and Preston Woods will have lineman sh**ing bricks in about 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
          I have been told by multiple people who were "in-the-know" that Ezra is getting a full scholarship.
          I don't know what kind of $ Ezra got.

But I gotta believe the UNI coaching staff would like nothing more than to pull a recruit away from NDSU.

After all the run NDSU has got on UNI with that DB transferring a couple years ago, coaching moves, grabbing that LB recruit out from under us last year, beating us the last couple years, and now Klieman becoming head coach...I wouldn't be surprised if Ezra is eating Sunday dinner at the Farley's for the next 4 years just to get him in Cedar Falls.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

If Coach Farley were to put on an apron in the kitchen, would would he spice up?

I'm guessing a big as life rack of ribs washed down with some Bud heavy!
            A real man's dinner
            "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

NDSU offerred him a partial like $3000, und offerred him a full, then uni offerred him a full. he took the full ride money and knew he'd have an easier time cracking the depth chart at uni or und. its no big deal, NDSU will be just fine.... trust me!
              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                my taxes went down last year, actually.
                yea RiGHT!
                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Congratulations to Tyler Putney for becoming the 2A state champion at 285 at this weekend's State Wrestling Championships.

Comment

Has ron Nash been discussed? Heard he's going to iwcc instead.

Comment

Why? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        Has ron Nash been discussed? Heard he's going to iwcc instead.
                        Has anyone heard any updates on Nash? He's listed on the roster but I too had heard that he may be staying in Western Iowa. I haven't seen anything to confirm it.

A WR of his size, speed and abilities sure would be nice to have, even if we do have a couple others who are similar. He and Fountain are both very similar to Brett LeMaster in all 3 areas, except they may be faster and neither have a touched a single weight in Cedar Falls.

Comment

Nash listed as one of 12 IWCC players to play in this summers Iowa Shrine game in the UNI Dome

Comment

That sucks. I hope he's the only one who has had a change of heart.

Comment

Change of heart? Did it ever dawn on you that it may be due to grades? Isn't this normally what happens when a kid goes to JC?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                                Change of heart? Did it ever dawn on you that it may be due to grades? Isn't this normally what happens when a kid goes to JC?
                                No. Grades probably aren't an issue for someone who was National Honor Society and National Youth and Leadership Council. Its much more likely an instance of someone who didn't receive as good of offers as they had hoped and are looking to go play for a national JUCO powerhouse in order to boost their stock before finishing their careers. It's exactly what other Central Iowa standouts like Tyus Mason and Rico Gafford are trying to do.

It's unfortunate because I think Nash would've been a solid fit for out program. That being said I'm not sure how he would do at a BCS level (I assume that's where the sights are set). He certainly has potential given his speed, size and hands but I saw him play several times this year and he didn't really blow me away when facing opponents who could match his size and speed (i.e. when he wasn't playing the other less-than-stellar Sioux City or Council Bluff teams). He seems exactly like the type of player who does really well at the FCS level since the DB's typically aren't as physical, speedy or "big" as you'll likely find at a BCS program.

Although that's not to say he isn't going to Western in order to play for two years and then play for two more at UNI (as opposed to likely red-shirting and then possibly playing as a JR/SR), but that doesn't seem to be a very likely scenario.
                                Last edited by panther-state; 06-03-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X