WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 3rd

Women's Basketball plays the super late shift on Thurs night. 8:30 tip again...

Or move to the West Gym...
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat View Post
      Has it been put on the new turf? I know they put it over the old stuff.
      Yes.

Kaboom.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Women's Basketball plays the super late shift on Thurs night. 8:30 tip again...

Or move to the West Gym...
        if the first round of VB was played on Thurs. night, the matches would be at 5 and 7/7:30, and thus a WBB game couldn't possibly start on the same court until after 9 at the earliest. My guess is that if VB does do the Th/F scenario, then the WBB game would move to the West Gym as they did for a game last year during the VB NCAA tourney.

Comment

What I think we'll see:
          Thurs: WBB in McLeod
          Friday: NCAA VB in McLeod
          Sat: UNI Open (West Gym all day, McLeod in AM---couldn't you separate weights a little for two separate locations?)
          Football 1PM Kick
          Volleyball 4PM 1st Serve in McLeod
          Basketball 7:30PM in McLeod

Out of all the sports, I'm pretty sure you will either see wrestling moved to Sunday in the Dome, or it will be moved to the West Gym and McLeod Center (could NU be used?) on Saturday.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Just some excerpts from the NCAA VB Championship Handbook regarding court availability requirements to keep in mind.

The following criteria will be used in determining sites:
            2. Exclusive availability of the facility for practice and competition. The facility must be exclusively available for four teams’ practice and competition during the following times:
            a. Day before the match: From noon to 10 p.m., minimum of 11⁄2 hours of practice for each team.
            b. First-round match day: One hour of practice for all teams competing that day.
            c. Second-round match day: One hour of practice for the two teams.
            d. Practices must end at least 11⁄2 hours before the start of the first match.

Comment

Volleyball or Football, Volleyball or Football, Volleyball or Football.......I think the choice is pretty easy.
              "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Football game is set for 4 p.m. (CST)
                wrestling has been moved to the West Gym.

So two sports announced thus far.

Mens Basketball game is still listed on the schedule for 7 pm, but that could still be moved possibly.

UNI has put in a bid for hosting the first weekend of the NCAA volleyball tourney, and I heard that the preference was for Fri./Sat. matches. not sure how that would work, unless basketball is moved.

Comment

I would guess the MBB game would be moved to 8 PM, or possibly a noon tip.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Basketball will move later. There is no way you get a team from out west to agree to an early afternoon tip.

I am thinking you push Friday Volleyball earlier in the day so that you can play the second round at 1:30 Saturday. According to the volleyball handbook you literally can't play basketball before volleyball...
                    #MACtion

Comment

Basketball will move later. There is no way you get a team from out west to agree to an early afternoon tip.

I am thinking you push Friday Volleyball earlier in the day so that you can play the second round at 1:30 Saturday. According to the volleyball handbook you literally can't play basketball before volleyball...
                      VB tourney matches can't start before 4:30 pm on Friday.

my guess is either they're moving the mens game to Sunday, or they're going for Thurs./Fri. volleyball

Starting Times
                      On the first day of competition during preliminary rounds, the first match must start between 4:30 and 6 p.m. with a minimum of two hours between all matches (e.g., 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.). The second match will start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first match or the designated time, whichever is later. If the second day of competition is Friday, matches should start between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday matches must start between 2 and 8 p.m. Sunday matches must start between 2 and 4 p.m.

Approximately 22 hours must be allocated between the scheduled start of the last first-round match and the start of the second-round match. The host team will play the second match at first- and second-round sites and regionals.

Any changes to match times or order must be approved by the Division I Women’s Volleyball Committee in advance of submitting a official bid to host.

Comment

You are right Jay.

Volleyball has to be Thurs/Fri or the schedule doesn't work. Colorado State has had travel plans for months, probably can't be changed.

Volleyball- Thurs/Fri
                        Football- Saturday at 4:00
                        Basketball- Saturday at 7:30 or 8:00

Womens basketball moves to the West Gym on Thursday night. Probably early...
                        #MACtion

Comment

You are right Jay.

Volleyball has to be Thurs/Fri or the schedule doesn't work. Colorado State has had travel plans for months, probably can't be changed.

Volleyball- Thurs/Fri
                          Football- Saturday at 4:00
                          Basketball- Saturday at 7:30 or 8:00

Womens basketball moves to the West Gym on Thursday night. Probably early...
                          that is one possible scenario.
                          but not the only one.

college teams adjust their travel plans all the time. they aren't set in stone.
                          and the UNI athletics dept. has known about the fairly good possibility of a FB playoff game and a VB tournament hosting possibility (along with the already scheduled MBB, WBB, and wrestling events) for at least a month and a half, and have had contingency plans in place for game time changes. So I'm sure they'll get things worked out.

And once those plans are revealed, I will applaud them, as it takes quite a bit of skill to juggle all those events.

Comment

I'm almost positive that the mens basketball game will be held on Saturday night. Maybe with Wofford's ground game they figure the game won't take as long and thus move the volleyball game to 6:30 and then the basketball game to 9? This will be interesting to play out. I'm really surprised they didn't move the game up even 1 hour sooner.
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                              I'm almost positive that the mens basketball game will be held on Saturday night. Maybe with Wofford's ground game they figure the game won't take as long and thus move the volleyball game to 6:30 and then the basketball game to 9? This will be interesting to play out. I'm really surprised they didn't move the game up even 1 hour sooner.
                              Just reading all of the speculation, isn't it AWESOME, that all of our currently active sports have home "games/matches" on the SAME weekend, with TWO of those sports being in the playoffs?
                              Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

What is the requirement for practice for Volleyball on Saturday?

Your right a 1 or 2 or even 3 kickoff would make things easier. But maybe Troy has realized that UNI football doesn't play as well when the kickoff is before 4:00 in the Dome? If you don't believe me look it up, Delaware '07, Richmond '08, Lehigh '10, SIU '11, and I am sure their are many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X