WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First 2015 Commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 2015 Commit

I noticed this commit while reviewing twitter commits on our UNI basketball victory against SFA

"Connor Maclean Ham ‏@BringTheHAMmer1 Nov 12

So I've decided to pass up other opportunities and stay home and commit to UNI to play football and run track! #PantherNation 💜💛"

His Twitter account also has him listed as going to UNI

It appears he is from Solon and is a good football player and won the 110 hudles and 2oo meters state title for 3A Track . So he is quite the athlete, has anyone seen him play?

Re: First 2015 Commit

Apparently here is another

QB Michael Briggs

I found these on our staff's Twitter Account.
    The students appear to be labeling their Twitter accounts to whom they have committed to. Makes it easier to search.
    Two Interesting things I found.
    -A ton of SEC area athletes. This shows that UNI is going for more overall Southern Speed. A ton of Georgia and Tennessee, athletes in the mix.
    -The prospects are labeling there commitments early and have it for all to see. It used to be such a secret on where someone was going. it appears to be less of a concern now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
      Apparently here is another

QB Michael Briggs

I found these on our staff's Twitter Account.
      The students appear to be labeling their Twitter accounts to whom they have committed to. Makes it easier to search.
      Two Interesting things I found.
      -A ton of SEC area athletes. This shows that UNI is going for more overall Southern Speed. A ton of Georgia and Tennessee, athletes in the mix.
      -The prospects are labeling there commitments early and have it for all to see. It used to be such a secret on where someone was going. it appears to be less of a concern now.
      I noticed a lot of kids doing that last year for baseball. My son and a lot of friends did it. Now I am noticing the kids I know committing to play baseball this year doing it.
      "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

That Michael Briggs looks very accurate and has a running threat too.

Comment

Originally posted by krusej23 View Post
          That Michael Briggs looks very accurate and has a running threat too.
          I agree, his highlight tape looked very impressive. His arm did not look too bad either.

Comment

We do not have a recruiting thread so I will continue to put this here.
            Community College transfer for 2015
            Dalton Demos- 6-4, 199 pound Quarterback

Originally went to Coastal Carolina.
            Bio- http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-...os_804626.html
            Last edited by Superninja80; 12-18-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
              We do not have a recruiting thread so I will continue to put this here.
              Community College transfer for 2015
              Dalton Demos- 6-4, 199 pound Quarterback

Originally went to Coastal Carolina.
              Bio- http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-...os_804626.html
              Interesting. He took part in the elie 11 qb camp so I think thats good, But his juco stats do not look that impressive (although I know nothing about juco football)

Comment

Looks like we just got a commit from West Virginia transfer CB Brandon Napoleon. He will have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

We already have so much depth at the d back position, we need transfers on the offensive line and defensive line, and maybe a receiver

Comment

Byron Rich. JC transfer originally from Alabama.
                    O-line
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                      https://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballr.../player-139507

Byron Rich. JC transfer originally from Alabama.
                      O-line
                      Good size for the oline, especially a center. Has a 3 star rival rating for a Juco player, hopefully this means he has a little nastiness to him. You would think that UNI would put a premium on a more physical and mean oline. Then again, that is the thought of every coach in America.

Comment

Agree. We need some nasty back on the o-line. A DT mentality playing OT.

Comment

UNI has picked up a transfer RB from Rutgers. Savon Huggins, a 4 star RB out of high school, was regarded as one of the most heralded recruits in Rutgers history. Sat out all last year due to injury, and struggled to live up to the hype at Rutgers.

He will only have 1 year of eligibility remaining.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            UNI has picked up a transfer RB from Rutgers. Savon Huggins, a 4 star RB out of high school, was regarded as one of the most heralded recruits in Rutgers history. Sat out all last year due to injury, and struggled to live up to the hype at Rutgers.

He will only have 1 year of eligibility remaining.
                            Here's an article
                            http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...hern_iowa.html

Comment

I asked a Rutgers fan a little more about Savon and here was his response:

He's a power runner. Not much of a cut/juke guy. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to break out at RU. Our OLine was suspect until last year, then he got injured and never got to run behind our best OLine in 5 years.
                              I honestly think the guy is smart and has what it takes, he just got pushed down the depth chart behind guys who could cut and juke around weak spots in the OLine, so the ones that could make something out of a second chance in the run thrived. Meanwhile, 4star Power Running Huggins got swallowed up at the LOS a lot. He still got positive yardage, but at 2-3 YPC it wasn't enough to out duel our shiftier 4-7 YPC guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X