WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas State expected to hire Iowa?s Gene Taylor as new athletic director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas State expected to hire Iowa?s Gene Taylor as new athletic director

Something to chew on

Re: Kansas State expected to hire Iowa?s Gene Taylor as new athletic director

good for him . my question was if ndsu didnt beat kansas state 4 years ago does gene still get that job.??
    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

The thing that caught my eye in the article was Tim Miles saying that Taylor as an AD would yell at the refs. Not too much decorum from an administrator charged with leading a staff. Bobby Knight's ideal boss.

Comment

My question is why are we at all interested in this hire? I'm judging by the the number of responses as not much.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
          My question is why are we at all interested in this hire? I'm judging by the the number of responses as not much.
          Probably not, but it's off season as far as major college sports. Me, I don't care, because I like the NBA and NHL. So be it.

Comment

Sometimes I'm a little slow on catching on to things. My golf group has a couple of IU high rollers and the discussion was on the Hawkeye football team at meal time. They are not fans of Ferentz and were concerned his son would be his successor. I threw out Chris Klieman as being mentioned by other boosters of Hawkeye football and immediately they talked about KSU's hire of Taylor. They were sure Klieman was signed, sealed and waiting delivery as the next Wildcat coach because of Taylor. Hmmm? I guess I was chewing on that at the noon meal.

Comment

Bill Snyder, as nice a man as he is, is older than our university. He currently being treated for throat cancer. It may the beginning of his end at K State.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                Bill Snyder, as nice a man as he is, is older than our university. He currently being treated for throat cancer. It may the beginning of his end at K State.

It takes much more than throat cancer to stop a vampire who appears in Ames every two years to suck the blood out of the Cyclones!

Comment

He's going to kick Cancer's ass and then write it a lovely handwritten note.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Never count Bill Snyder down. Jean Berger, our former assistant Ad, reported to Bill & one other person when she was a student intern @ IA. 60 hours per week were average for her, Bill's hours were considerably more. It will be interesting how much longer he goes.

Comment

Snyder is one of those guys who is alive because of coaching. Cancer or no cancer, he will die when he stops coaching at this point in his life.

It's not uncommon for coaches who know only coaching for decades to pass shortly after retiring. Some of it is probably coincidental due to age, but there are actually a decent number of studies that bear out similar numbers. Coaching - or working for the "common person" - is the reason that some of these guys have the will to live. It is their life source. Take that away and life ends relatively quickly compared to those who continue to work.

Comment

Example: Bear Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                          Example: Bear Bryant
                          Joe Paterno
                          #MACtion

Comment

I think the Snyder situation is a little different. I get what you are saying but with him I just think it was killing him to see K State get so bad after he left

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                              Snyder is one of those guys who is alive because of coaching. Cancer or no cancer, he will die when he stops coaching at this point in his life.

It's not uncommon for coaches who know only coaching for decades to pass shortly after retiring. Some of it is probably coincidental due to age, but there are actually a decent number of studies that bear out similar numbers. Coaching - or working for the "common person" - is the reason that some of these guys have the will to live. It is their life source. Take that away and life ends relatively quickly compared to those who continue to work.
                              People always say this, but guess what, when you work until you are 90 years old, you are probably going to die soon after retirement.
                              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                              X