WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC indoor track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC indoor track

hey Panther fans, planning on coming to the indoor MVC this weekend at the UNIDome, does the Dome have Wifi available if I bring my Macbook Pro along to post updates from the meet?? thanks!

Re: MVC indoor track

It has Wi-Fi but you need a guest PW...

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
      It has Wi-Fi but you need a guest PW...
      who may I write to for a guest password?

Comment

You can go onto uni.edu and look under media or IT - I'm sorry my mind is blank...

Comment

I didn't make it to the meet this weekend UNI fans, snow and very severe cold weather kept me from driving over. Anyway, a question for you all, do you think losing Bucknam to Arkansas was the big reason for UNI track falling on hard times as of late? You all were so dominant in track for a decade and now seem to be down near the bottom, just curious if anyone has an idea what's happened?

Results from day 1 are posted

Comment

It wasn't that Bucknam left, it was that Geopfort left after one year. Killed all momentum and Geopfort didn't really even recruit our anything in that time.

Steele is a good guy and a good coach, but he's still digging out of the hole.
            #MACtion

Comment

Short answer, "yes". But it is a bit more complicated than that, as was previously alluded to.

Comment

I noticed going through the stats that we're largely leaning on sophomores and freshman correct? Not all that upset when those kids are also being relatively successful. Is the freshman Carnes any relation to our QB?

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                  I noticed going through the stats that we're largely leaning on sophomores and freshman correct? Not all that upset when those kids are also being relatively successful. Is the freshman Carnes any relation to our QB?
                  Yes.... the QB is the older brother. WCF Courier article

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                    Plus track and field, indoor and outdoor, has an ever winding tale of redshirting in indoor but not outdoor or just the opposite. Throw in cross country and it can become confusing to who has elgibilitly and who doesn't. You may have good talent and not have them all available for any one season. Injuries, age, goals of the individuals play a role in their sitting out a season or participating straight through. You may have someone win an indoor title but not compete in the outdoor, but participate in meets as unattached as they may be maturing or recovering from an injury.

Comment

An athlete still has 5 years to compete 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X