WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of Panther Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: State of Panther Athletics

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    UNI is just over 56 percent female, on par with overall nationwide enrollment at public universities for the latest numbers I found (2008 numbers cited in a 2012 Forbes article, http://www.forbes.com/sites/ccap/201...io-in-college/).

According to U.S. News:

Iowa Publics:
    UNI:56.9 female/43.1 male
    Iowa State: 43/57
    Iowa:52/48

MVC Publics:
    South Dakota: 63 female/37 male
    SDSU: 52/48
    North Dakota: 43/57
    NDSU: 44/56
    Wichita State: 52/48
    Illinois State: 55/45
    Southern Illinois: 45/55
    Indiana State: 54/46
    Missouri State: 57/43
    Those figures go to show why there are fewer men's sports offered in the MVC by conference schools. Even the schools not offering football or scholarship football don't have as many men's teams. Wrestling is the most notable. Baseball by Drake and ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
      UNI is just over 56 percent female, on par with overall nationwide enrollment at public universities for the latest numbers I found (2008 numbers cited in a 2012 Forbes article, http://www.forbes.com/sites/ccap/201...io-in-college/).

According to U.S. News:

Iowa Publics:
      UNI:56.9 female/43.1 male
      Iowa State: 43/57
      Iowa:52/48

MVC Publics:
      South Dakota: 63 female/37 male
      SDSU: 52/48
      North Dakota: 43/57
      NDSU: 44/56
      Wichita State: 52/48
      Illinois State: 55/45
      Southern Illinois: 45/55
      Indiana State: 54/46
      Missouri State: 57/43
      Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
      Those figures go to show why there are fewer men's sports offered in the MVC by conference schools. Even the schools not offering football or scholarship football don't have as many men's teams. Wrestling is the most notable. Baseball by Drake and ourselves.
      And further illustrates why the sheep in North Dakota are especially anxious.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Thanks for the offers on PSC. It took awhile and eventually calls/emails to the ticket office and PSC but I think I finally figured out what I needed to know.

I am guessing PSC website isn't frequented too often after people become members, but as a potential new member and as somone who likes to do my own research without calling/emailing I found the PSC website a hot mess. I found my email that I whipped up when I had a free second several months ago and below are my ideas (minus screenshots I provided). I mean even knowing who to contact at PSC isn't very clear...there isn't a contact this person for questions. Its three names and contact information and the titles don't help tell me who to contact. The first person I did try was a grad student who had graduated 6 months prior who luckily still had access to his uni email.

Also, I remember stopping by the season ticket table at the last regular season football game and filling out a sheet saying I was interested in football season tickets and then talked to the guy for a moment. He told sounds great expect to hear from me in the next couple days......I still haven't heard from them. Also, unless I am missing something, there is nothing about 2015 football season tickets online other than a press release I found via google. Nothing if I go to the football homepage and nothing if I go to the football ticket webpage. Why are they not promoting PSC and 2015 football season tickets now since if you join PSC and buy season tickets by April 1st you receive a $10 discount per ticket. Just feels like there are plenty of marketing opportunities being missed.

Here are my comments on the PSC that quickly put together and emailed hoping they may provide some benefit:
        •There are old links such as under Giving Levels and Benefits it shows the 2013 Benefit Chart. If this doesn’t change very much from year to year maybe think about just calling the link Benefit Chart. Old football seating charts, etc.
        •This may be my older browser, but the home screen has a lot of unused, white space where my red scribble is.
        •All of the links on the left side don’t flow through to the pages you go to. In my opinion all of the links on the left side should be in the same location and layout for each page you enter into to help navigate and to avoid having to go back. Some pages have something similar to this built in at the top, but not all; such as the Board of Director page or About PSC – My rough idea is shown below.

Also when you click on About PSC it brings up a new, separate page which is unnecessary.
        •One thing I had a tough time figuring out was season football tickets and I had to email both PSC and the ticket office. A couple things would help. 1. Right now your football information is under your Join Now page so unless you are ready to join you might never find the information you want. Maybe add a separate football page or try to combine with McLeod seating points. 2. The information for football season tickets looks to be geared towards when the donation levels were implemented. It would be helpful to have something for new members and explain the process. From Joining PSC, Buying Season Tickets, When will you select your seats, How do they decide who goes first; etc.
        •Parents to Join the PSC – I am not sure what this tab is supposed to be/mean, but it takes me to what appears to be an online Pledge Form.
        •The Join the Panther Scholarship Club Now under the Join PSC tab gives me an error page when I click on the link. It might be helpful to make it clear you can mail in your pledge or do it online.
        •A couple minor things I wasn’t sure of on the benefit chart. What is the Recognition Plague? Is it something that we receive for our office/house or is it something that is hung somewhere on campus. What is the Season-Long Football Half-Time Passes? Might be helpful to have a little more information.
        •If possible consolidate the number of pages/tabs

Comment

Otter - Agree very much on the state of the website and unfortunately it is not a new problem. They have struggled with the PSC site for years. I suspect it is just a lack of resources but as you highlight, it looks really bad for those just browsing for information.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
            Otter - Agree very much on the state of the website and unfortunately it is not a new problem. They have struggled with the PSC site for years. I suspect it is just a lack of resources but as you highlight, it looks really bad for those just browsing for information.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
            It shouldnt be that tough I wouldnt think, there are tons of sites to build websites out there ! I do one for a non profit group cost like 50 bucks a year to have the pro version is all and its super simple, hardest part is just takes time to set up ( adding photos, getting the look desired ect... )
            Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Booooooo!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                Booooooo!!!!!!

Huh? I'm assuming that you are responding to a post that got deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                  Huh? I'm assuming that you are responding to a post that got deleted.
                  pretty sure that is the case

Comment

Working...
                  X