WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delaware Up Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delaware Up Next

Originally posted by HenGrad2007 View Post
    I decided to show other offensive production stats from 4 common opponent games (UNH and UD):

Rhode Island vs. UNH: 430 Rush yards, 107 passing yards. UNH against URI: 110 rushing yards, 419 passing yards. Delaware vs URI: 97 rushing yards, 337 passing yards. Rhode Island vs. Delaware: 187 rushing yards, 79 passing yards.

Richmond vs. UNH: 193 rush yards, 217 passing yards. UNH vs Richmond: 48 rush yards, 318 passing yards. Richmond vs. UD: 260 rush yards, 199 passing yards. Delaware vs. Richmond, 210 rushing yards, 375 passing yards.

New Hampshire vs. JMU: 79 rush yards, 353 pass yards. JMU vs UNH: 285 rush yards, 241 pass yards. UD vs. JMU: 161 rush yards, 257 pass yards, JMU vs. UD: 403 rush yards, 39 pass yards.

Northeastern vs UNH: 282 rush yards, 153 pass yards. UNH vs. Northeastern, 74 rush yards, 196 passing yards. Northeastern vs. UD: 123 rushing yards, 198 passing yards. UD vs. Northeastern: 241 rush yards 222 pass yards.
    Stats are for losers.
    FM

Comment

Originally posted by BlueHen View Post
      If Flacco gets time the Hens will score at will. Flacco is not as mobile as Santos but can feel the pressure comming and does a good job escaping the pressure. He is also great at throwing on the run. He will not make poor decisions often. Plus he has someting that Santos did not have, a running game. If you try to take Flacco away Omar will kill you if you try to take Omar away Flacco will kill you.
      I will take my chances with the run. Ask Mr. Donaldson at WIU how that worked out. We can handle one-dimensional attacks.

We're 6th in the nation in run D. That guy won't be killing us.
      FM

Comment

Originally posted by RadMann View Post
        You beat the 5th best team in CAA with a TD with 6 seconds left.
        Like I said in another thread, the final score was not indicative of the entire story for last Saturday's game. 3rd quarter, when UNI was up 31-21, there was a strong possibility of a MSU-style blowout by UNI. However, the D got worn out in the 4th q, and UNH got some lucky breaks. In fact, I think The Fumble That Wasn't was more important than The Catch in that game.

The way I see it, UNI beat the UNH offense by 17, the entire UNH team by 10 and the BSC officials by 3.

Comment

BUT.....UNI did things during that game that will LOSE you ballgames.

missing 2 fg's
          the kickoff return
          the big turnover

They have to be a lot better than what they were LAST Saturday to win THIS Saturday. The good news, it can EASILY be done!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIMAN4 View Post
            BUT.....UNI did things during that game that will LOSE you ballgames.

missing 2 fg's
            the kickoff return
            the big turnover

They have to be a lot better than what they were LAST Saturday to win THIS Saturday. The good news, it can EASILY be done!
            THE BIG TURNOVER wasnt a turnover he was down and everyone knows that except that one stupid ref out there
            Only person in the dome with a PURPLE shirt from 2005 and a red hat on

GAYEST WORD EVER "TOUCHE"
            GAYEST THING TO PUT IN A POST "10 CHARACTERS"

Morons of the month from Waterloo

Comment

The Big Turnover = The Fumble That Wasn't <--UNI got slapped with the Big Sky Conference Referee's Award for Excellence in Overcoming Terrible Calls. He was down, the ball popped out.

Like I said, their ST chalked up 7 on UNI, but even that wouldn't have won the game for UNH.

Missed field goals is a non-starter for me because they were both from 45+ yards, which is hard for most college kickers, dome or not. Plus, UNH missed a few as well, iirc. That said, if the offense could have gotten 10-15 yards closer on those drives...

Well, hell. For that matter, if the offense could have put it in the endzone...

In the end, a W is a W and that's what matters.

Comment

I thought we got jobbed on that fumble as well. Until I saw it on the Mediacom replay. The ball was out before he was down. I was really surprised to see it, but there it was.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Cities Panther View Post
                  I went there to see if there was any news about their starting center who was hurt Sat. Didn't see any posts as they seemed more worried about who they play next; UMass or SIU. I was too lazy to register to ask.

Our Center (Hendricks) is actually supposed to Start this weekend, but we lost one of our OT's (Benson) to a knee injury. He will be replaced with a RS Freshman who saw alot of action late this year including most of our win over JMU.

Comment

Not that Mel Kiper is the end all be all but here is his list of top 5 senior QBs (updated Nov 21st) for the upcoming draft:

1. Matt Ryan, Boston College
                    2. Brian Brohm, Louisville
                    3. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky
                    4. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
                    5. Joe Flacco, Delaware

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFlacco View Post
                      Not that Mel Kiper is the end all be all but here is his list of top 5 senior QBs (updated Nov 21st) for the upcoming draft:

4. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
                      5. Joe Flacco, Delaware
                      Thanks Joe. How's your arm feeling?
                      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Isn't Rinehart like...I don't know 1st or 2nd on Kipers OG? I'd say thats more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFlacco View Post

4. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
                          5. Joe Flacco, Delaware
                          If Flacco is the next best QB coming out of college behind Dixon, then there's a heckuva gap between 4 and 5, cuz there's no comparison there. Unless Dixon has to play with his torn up knee.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                            If Flacco is the next best QB coming out of college behind Dixon, then there's a heckuva gap between 4 and 5, cuz there's no comparison there. Unless Dixon has to play with his torn up knee.
                            He did that for a game or two and still carried the team at an amazing level.

Comment

Flacco should go in the first round, he had a heck of a senior year of highschool in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                                Flacco should go in the first round, he had a heck of a senior year of highschool in 2003.
                                I went undefeated in junior high football, what are my chances?
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X