WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klieman to Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Klieman to Minnesota?

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    Confirmed departures:

Mahaffey (to FBS Western Kentucky University, about three weeks ago)

Paup (to FBS/Big Ten U of Minnesota, about a week ago)

Lynch (to FBS East Carolina, a few days ago)

That was updated within the past 24 or so hours (Paup and Lynch were still listed there a day or so ago).

Born-A-Panther posted here a few days ago that Barkama is gone ... in my time on this board, if BAP posts something here, pay attention. And she posted around the same time that Johnson was still with UNI. The website update reflects what she posted.

Yes, I know that BAP is a reliable poster. However, this doesn't seem nearly as bad as a few days ago in terms of depleted coaching staff. Or maybe there is just more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
      Yes, I know that BAP is a reliable poster. However, this doesn't seem nearly as bad as a few days ago in terms of depleted coaching staff. Or maybe there is just more to come.
      Could be.

But remember, about a month ago, there were those on this board posting that Jake was leaving to coach at Minnesota.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Could be.

But remember, about a month ago, there were those on this board posting that Jake was leaving to coach at Minnesota.
        I..........I don't believe that was said.

Comment

Could be.

I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I should have written that there were those here speculating that Jake was leaving for Minnesota, page three of this thread:

Committed A.J. Green...............6-4 G Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls) Rivals (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189264) ★★★★ Shandon Goldman..6
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I should have written that there were those here speculating that Jake was leaving for Minnesota, page three of this thread:

http://www.panthernation.com/showthr...t=64709&page=3
              A discussion over whether he would see Minnesota as a fit vs those saying he is going there is a very different thing.

Comment

Can anyone name a program, at any level and at any time, that has had such a mass exodus of coaches? Withstanding the head coach being fired or leaving for a better job. What a dumpster fire and terrible state Farley has taken the program to.

Comment

Let's see what the signing class looks like and who we get hired to join the staff.

I don't like what I've seen recently. But I also think there's been some exaggeration of the situation.

We'll never replace a guy like Paup. But tell me another FCS program that had a guy like that on staff for 4 seasons.

Let's see where we go from here.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

4 coaches have officially left UNI this offseason?

What do people feel the average is on a yearly basis?

I may be wrong, but 2 per year seems about right. I believe when TA was hired at Mo State that he brought at least 2 coaches from UNI (Vokolek & DB coach). Also realize that some coaches get out of coaching all together after UNI. It's not financially lucrative or stable enough. That's the nature of being at a FCS program.
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                      I don't like what I've seen recently. But I also think there's been some exaggeration of the situation.
                      I kind of agree with this.
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I don't know if I agree with everyone's take that we have the ship sinking.
                        1: Maybe Farley deserves some credit for finding great young coaches. When we lose coaches to the FBS level, that is going to happen. That means that we hired a great young coach that helped our program. Scott Frost, Jerry Montgomery, ect.. That is part of the business. If we lost all of those coaches to rival conference teams this year, then we have an issue! I know everyone is going to say he is hard to work for, I don't disagree with that. However he has brought in some terrific coaches.
                        2: How can't we as Panther fans be excited for the football season next year. we have the QB that everybody wanted. We had a lot of young players make an impact and they got valuable experience. Talent wise doesn't the football team compare a little to how the basketball is set up? If we want it better, maybe we all jump on board and support it. The next couple of years are going to be fun to be a Panther fan!

Comment

Originally posted by pantherball View Post
                          1: Maybe Farley deserves some credit for finding great young coaches. When we lose coaches to the FBS level, that is going to happen. That means that we hired a great young coach that helped our program. Scott Frost, Jerry Montgomery, ect.. That is part of the business. If we lost all of those coaches to rival conference teams this year, then we have an issue! I know everyone is going to say he is hard to work for, I don't disagree with that. However he has brought in some terrific coaches.
                          2: How can't we as Panther fans be excited for the football season next year. we have the QB that everybody wanted. We had a lot of young players make an impact and they got valuable experience. Talent wise doesn't the football team compare a little to how the basketball is set up? If we want it better, maybe we all jump on board and support it. The next couple of years are going to be fun to be a Panther fan!
                          Yes!! A post with common sense as the center point. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by pantherball View Post
                            Agree we have a ton of young talent in the program. Lots of speed at the skill positions, a good looking QB who can sling it all over the dome, and a lot of pieces from a good D coming back.

Heard the scout team D line looked great last year. Lots of young talent there. Reth should be back on DL. Sweeney back on OL.

If MF can get the coaching staff organized we can be very good this year.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana

Yes, all the programs problems from the last few years are all going to disappear. I hope you are correct

Comment

Rick Hartzell was a guest on OPR Friday. He was asked to comment on legislation proposed for ISU and SUI to share their athletic funds with UNI. He said it was unrealistic for those schools to be legislated into giving UNI money. He said it is unrealistic to think that UNI will ever be able to generate funds compared to the other two. He thought it may be better that legislation be proposed that would require ISU and SUI to play home and home with UNI in men's basketball and the Hawkeyes to continue playing the Panthers in football. ISU has contracts with UNI for the near future in football.

He was very adamant that I-AA football (yes he used that designation) was a worthwhile endeavor but was a huge weight carried by schools in the MVC. He went on to say that football would never be able to pay for itself with UNI falling farther behind in the conference as NDSU, SDSU and USD are instituting payments for cost of education.

He continued on about how UNI in the past could recruit the Midwest and offer borderline I-A talented kids an opportunity to play where now those same kids would have offers from the Dakota schools. Also in the past UNI was able to give partials to build roster depth but now those offers would be full rides because of the other schools after the same talent.

Rick is a former student, athlete and athletic director,optimistic but realistic as he lumped us in with Mo. State, Ill. State, Ind. State and Western Ill. in the up hill battle to maintain quality in their football teams. He was complimentary of the PSC volunteers and the UNI athletic staff in their efforts to raise money. What I got from the discussion is appreciate what we have as it will be harder and harder to maintain because of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X