WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
    This sounds nothing like us
    Outside of Ali, Jordan and Kwadzo it's pretty much the case.

Adam Koch
    Jake Koch
    Bennett Koch (the crazy name)
    Lucas O'Rear (Irish, and he was crazy, but not a crazy name
    Mark Sonnen
    Johnny Moran - potentially the whitest name ever
    Adam McDermott
    Spencer Haldeman - I take back what I said about Johnny
    Ted Frieman
    Jeremy Morgan
    Hunter Rhodes
    Jordan Ashton
    Luke McDonnell
    Chip Rank
    Seth Tuttle
    Nate Buss
    Matt MacDougall
    Klint Carlson - make it a C and I might take back what I said about Spencer
    Matt Morrison
    Tyler Lange
    Anthony James

UNI's roster is the epitome of generic random name generators.

A guy like Tywhon Pickford would be absolutely insane on our roster, name wise. Look at it currently. Juwan and Isaiah are as non generic as it gets, and Isaiah is one of the oldest names in the world. I guess we have Rafael De Souza, but I'd assume in Brazil that's a pretty generic sounding name.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post

UNI's roster is the epitome of generic random name generators.

A guy like Tywhon Pickford would be absolutely insane on our roster, name wise. Look at it currently. Juwan and Isaiah are as non generic as it gets, and Isaiah is one of the oldest names in the world. I guess we have Rafael De Souza, but I'd assume in Brazil that's a pretty generic sounding name.
      If we were to sign Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects), that's a game changer.

Comment

I hope we get an A.A.Ron.
        While taking attendance, inner-city substitute teacher Mr. Garvey has trouble adjusting to a classroom full of middle-class white students.About Key & Peele:...

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          If we were to sign Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects), that's a game changer.
          Can't bust his ass up the court, but he's good at getting into the opposing teams head.

Comment

Good grief we need some sort of news soon.... Board is going stir crazy

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
              Can't bust his ass up the court, but he's good at getting into the opposing teams head.
              Actually, he'd have a great change of pace move. He'd go from bad leg and gimpy hand to sprinting up the court at the blink of an eye. Also, no one would ever foul him and risk being killed afterwards.

Comment

I guess we have Rafael De Souza, but I'd assume in Brazil that's a pretty generic sounding name.
                I looked it up, Rafeal/Rapheal has pretty much always been one of the 10 most common names in Brazil. I say always - which is basically as far back as I can find data from sites I trust. Through most of that part of the world it's a top 50-100 name. In France it's a top 20 name, and through pretty much all of the Swiss border region it seems to be a top 10-15 name.

So, essentially, Rafeal is equivalent to any variant of Thomas, Christopher, Daniel, Paul, Mark, David, Jason, Matthew, etc... in America.

Sousa is the third most common surname in Brazil. Making it the equivalent to Williams.

Essentially Rafeal's name, in America, would be David Williams.
                Last edited by claw; 04-20-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I looked it up, Rafeal/Rapheal has pretty much always been one of the 10 most common names in Brazil. I saw always - basically as far back as I can find data from sites I trust. Through most of that part of the world it's a top 50-100 name. In France it's a top 20 name, and through pretty much all of the Swiss border region it seems to be a top 10-15 name.

So, essentially, Rafeal is equivalent to any variant of Thomas, Christopher, Daniel, Paul, Mark, David, Jason, Matthew, etc... in America.

Sousa is the third most common surname in Brazil. Making it the equivalent to Williams.

Essentially Rafeal's name, in America, would be David Williams.
                  That's David De Williams to you.

Yep, we're officially bored.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

Yep, we're officially bored.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                      Technically, if we're going full translation, it'd be David of Williams...

...... So anyone know if it's just going to be just Jones on the visit, or if they'll do multiple on the same day, like the other day?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        White kid. Generic name. Yup, sounds like us.
                        His Youtube highlights that I watched last night weren't anything all that impressive. He appears to be a set shooter, doesn't really elevate, doesn't do much off the dribble and makes Bennett look strong. Appears to just catch and shoot with maybe an inch of elevation on his jumper. I didn't pay attention to how old the highlight film was, but maybe he's become more explosive since that time. Seems to me the comment about scoring 30+ or only 15 would make sense. Based on the film, he could light up a smaller team from the perimeter, but put a quick defender on him and he could struggle to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
                          His Youtube highlights that I watched last night weren't anything all that impressive. He appears to be a set shooter, doesn't really elevate, doesn't do much off the dribble and makes Bennett look strong. Appears to just catch and shoot with maybe an inch of elevation on his jumper. I didn't pay attention to how old the highlight film was, but maybe he's become more explosive since that time. Seems to me the comment about scoring 30+ or only 15 would make sense. Based on the film, he could light up a smaller team from the perimeter, but put a quick defender on him and he could struggle to do anything.
                          So....Nate Buss and a lesser extent Paul Jesperson.

Yeah, there's a role for a player like that on our style of program.

Comment

We offered Mike Jones out of MN
                            Last edited by unipanther2154; 04-24-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Wow we are really going after Maple Grove. First Davison, then Pickford, now Jones. Hopefully that is a promising sign for Pickford's interest as well

Drake had offered Jones just 24 hours prior

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                                We offered Mike Jones out of MN
                                I'll say it.

WHO?

Comment

Working...
                                X