WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawks on the schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawks on the schedule?

I've heard through the grapevine that a meet next year in Iowa City may be coming. I hope so. And with the decline in meet attendance there, tickets shouldn't be an issue.

I hope this comes to be.

Re: Hawks on the schedule?

You mean this coming season? Would be a great dual, love to see it happen.

Comment

Re: Hawks on the schedule?

I would be extremely surprised if Brands would nut up and wrestle UNI, Iowa would have been heavy favorites the past 5 years and they would not wrestle UNI, now when they would not be favored on paper - Iowa adds UNI to the schedule, not buying it. It would simply crush Tommy and Physco if they lost to UNI, would be tough to recover, IOWA will be very good at 149-157-165 and HWT if healthy, the rest of that line up is extremely unproven. The state of Iowa deserves the meet, but I believe that Tommy will do nothing that is in his power to help UNI, if Iowa does not change their style and start winning titles, Tommy will be working at Sears, Jimmy Z had better success before he was fired, than Timmy has had the past 4-5 years.

Comment

So I didn't really want to start a new thread, but thought I'd post what we know so far of the UNI schedule:

Known dates:
        Nov 4th: Harold Nichols Open
        Nov 17th: At Cornell
        Nov 19th: NDSU
        Dec 1-2nd: Cliff Keen Invite
        Dec 9th: UNI Open
        Dec 18th: North Carolina
        Jan 1st and 2nd: Southern Scuffle
        Jan 12-13th: Virginia Duals
        Jan 21st: At SDSU
        Feb 2nd: At Okie State
        Feb 10th: Iowa State
        Feb 17th: Missouri
        March 3rd/4th: Big 12 championships
        March 15th-17th: NCAA Championships
        Last edited by DomeIsHome; 09-19-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Schwab did say on Twitter that the full schedule should be released sometime in the next week, so that's exciting. It's super late this year, but that's because (I assume) they've had problems getting home/homes with other schools scheduled.

Comment

And from Schwab just now:

"Vegas and maybe a surprise dual with a former UNI coaches sons team."

So UNI will once again go back to the Cliff Keen Invite, December 1st and 2nd, this year

Comment

Got my email for season tickets today, but still no updated schedule on website???

Comment

Still nothing official

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                  And from Schwab just now:

"Vegas and maybe a surprise dual with a former UNI coaches sons team."

So UNI will once again go back to the Cliff Keen Invite, December 1st and 2nd, this year
                  That would be Cornell!

Comment

Nice! I didn't realize that Cornell's Koll was related. Duh me

Comment

Also it's August 8th (!!!) and we only have like three complete D1 schedules. So annoying

Comment

For anyone interested I made a spreadsheet matrix of the Big 12 schedules we know so far: Linky

URL in case the link doesn't work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1583330777

I also made one for the Big Ten: Linky

Again, the URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Panthers release their home schedule

About what we expected, though I'm a little shocked how few duals there are. I've updated the post above with the dates as well.

Comment

Okie State date is set, February 2nd in Stillwater

Comment

Do we really only have 4 duals. I know they are trying, but this has to improve. It makes it hard to be a active fan for those of us who can't travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X