WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure: Iowa vs Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty Pleasure: Iowa vs Montana

Is it me or has anyone else thought about going down to Kinnick and cheering on the Hawks this weekend? I have had quite a few conversations with other Panther alums & fans that remember the ugly game in Montana a couple years back. It was bad enough that we lost our heads but the treatment of the fans and the television crew was a bit over the top. Not to stir it up again, but several of us wondered out loud if "what goes around" would "come around" this week ON THE FIELD at Kinnick.

Let's play some football tonight Panthers!!!!
    "Sports are 90% psychological and the other half is mental"

Originally posted by Joepanther90 View Post
    Is it me or has anyone else thought about going down to Kinnick and cheering on the Hawks this weekend? I have had quite a few conversations with other Panther alums & fans that remember the ugly game in Montana a couple years back. It was bad enough that we lost our heads but the treatment of the fans and the television crew was a bit over the top. Not to stir it up again, but several of us wondered out loud if "what goes around" would "come around" this week ON THE FIELD at Kinnick.

Let's play some football tonight Panthers!!!!
    What the TV didn't show was their fans throwing video tapes at us. I'd rather eat my face than cheer for the Suckeyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoz77 View Post
      What the TV didn't show was their fans throwing video tapes at us. I'd rather eat my face than cheer for the Suckeyes!
      agreed........
      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

I'll be there. It'll be very nice to see Montana get it put on them.

Comment

Yes... Iowa needs to fulfill my dream of watching Montana get schooled in person.

"Once it starts, it never ends."
          -Eldon Miller

Comment

I'd much rather get Montana in the dome in the playoffs and do it ourselves.

Comment

Or better yet...maybe Montana beats Iowa, and then if UNI can host throughout the playoffs, maybe UNI can beat Montana in the Dome. AND if UNI were somehow able to knock off ISU, could we call it a mythical state championship?
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                Or better yet...maybe Montana beats Iowa, and then if UNI can host throughout the playoffs, maybe UNI can beat Montana in the Dome. AND if UNI were somehow able to knock off ISU, could we call it a mythical state championship?
                After seeing the Highlights of ISU's game against Toledo last night on ESPN and seeing the way that the Rockets Were able to score seemingly at will against the ISU Defense, I think we have a shot at beating the Clones. I mean think about it in the comming weeks ISU Plays UNLV(probably a win) and then TWO STRAIGHT ROAD GAMES against the Defending national Champion, and in State Rival Iowa. I see both of those games as a Loss, and if they Cyclone defense plays the way they did last night Against UNLV, who knows, Maybe ISU is 1-3 going into the UNI Game with their Hopes of a January Bowl YET AGAIN Foiled, I think the Panthers would be able to capitalize on that. Also with our Spread offense, and the ability to turn it into a pure running offense as well I look for a good contest on the 30th.

What a sweet day that would be for the Panther Faithful if we pulled off the Victory over the SUCKCLONES and then Swept them when Basketball Season comes. Oh and if We do win, It is my Solemn (Spelling) Vow to STORM THE FIELD at Jack Trice Stadium.
                The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
                "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                  I like your thinking!!!!!
                  "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

I want Montana to put up a good showing because it will help gain more respect for I-AA in this state. UNI's play last year at Iowa helped out a lot last year and respect needs to be solidified by a strong showing by Montana.

Comment

How bout Montana beating Iowa and UNI beating ISU???? would that do anythign for 1AA?

Comment

Originally posted by sauserj View Post
                        How bout Montana beating Iowa and UNI beating ISU???? would that do anythign for 1AA?
                        That would be a huge shot in the arm for 1AA. But we all know Iowa is going to win this game by at least 35 points.

As for last night. Hail our Panthers, good start to the year. Love the new guys on offense, running back the opening kick of the year for a TD, can't start a year any better than that. Man this is going to be a fun season.

Comment

No way I want Iowa to beat Montana. Id rather stab myself in the face then root for the hawks. Hopefully Montana sticks it to em.

Comment

Originally posted by jordana33 View Post
                            That would be a huge shot in the arm for 1AA. But we all know Iowa is going to win this game by at least 35 points.
                            Several people, myself included, thought the same thing about the UNI / IA game last year...
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIowaBacker View Post
                              No way I want Iowa to beat Montana. Id rather stab myself in the face then root for the hawks. Hopefully Montana sticks it to em.
                              It's not always easy to root for the Hawks, but for this game it would be nice to see Montana go down in flames. I'm still sore about the way our team was treated there in the I-AA playoffs several years ago. Totally classless from the Griz.

What was almost as bad, some of us responded with the same lack of class. It was a rough one.

I have to say "Go Hawks" on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X