WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Cyclones AD angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: Cyclones AD angry

Cyclones AD angry

More on CBS Sportsline...

Re: News: Cyclones AD angry

I think they have a right to be upset but the reality is that they are always going to be 2nd fiddle in that conference. I'm not suggesting any type of shadowy dealing within the conference but this is going to fall on deaf ears beyond the fine he receives.

Overall I think he actually handled that alright and seemed pretty calm and sincere.

Comment

Pollack sold his soul for $25 mil a year.

Comment

The B12 should issue an apology for allowing an abysmal program like ISU to stay in the conference.

How many ridiculously embarrassing high profile coaches and AD's can we get in this state? Jacobson, Hoiberg, and Dannen are about the only admirable ones left IMO.
        Originally posted by TH1974
        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

What is the "we we're the only yes vote" issue he mentions?

Comment

Replacing Walt Coleman as director of football officials.

Coleman has two degrees from Texas and was a booster until he got the job.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              Replacing Walt Coleman as director of football officials.

Coleman has two degrees from Texas and was a booster until he got the job.
              Ah, thanks. Now Pollard's comments make some sense. Does anyone with objectivity give them any merit? Anyone involved with Cyclone fanatic doesn't count.

Comment

Iowa State's dine nothing in their athletic history to earn the benefit of the doubt.

They're just damn lucky that Texas decided to keep them around.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                  Ah, thanks. Now Pollard's comments make some sense. Does anyone with objectivity give them any merit? Anyone involved with Cyclone fanatic doesn't count.
                  I'll cut them some slack. They've gotten screwed a number of times in football and basketball over the last 1-2 years where it seems to be a big abnormal. And we aren't talking about 50-50 calls either.

Did anyone see the reversed call today? That was unreal. And let me please emphasize that I love watching the Clones squirm and whine every year as they slip deeper into the abyss.

But BC is right. Besides some decent success in basketball they are a bottom of the rung team that is kept around because the conference needs a punching bag and doesn't have a legitimate way of disposing of them. If ISU said, " that's the last straw, we're taking our ball and leaving" the Big XII wouldn't give two $***s
                  Last edited by panther-state; 10-05-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                    I think they have a right to be upset but the reality is that they are always going to be 2nd fiddle in that conference.
                    9th or 10th fiddle is more like it.
                    UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Did anyone see the reversed call today? That was unreal.
                      Not only would I question if that was a touchdown, but the fact that they also decided that one yard run play took 11 seconds (no time left in the half). That showed that the replay officials were absolutely NOT doing their job properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
                        Not only would I question if that was a touchdown, but the fact that they also decided that one yard run play took 11 seconds (no time left in the half). That showed that the replay officials were absolutely NOT doing their job properly.
                        I could understand if the original call was a TD, and then decided there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. They completely screwed that one up, there's almost NO way you can look at that video and definitively say he crossed the goal line

Comment

I could understand if the original call was a TD, and then decided there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. They completely screwed that one up, there's almost NO way you can look at that video and definitively say he crossed the goal line
                          You are correct. There is nobody that could definitely say it was a touchdown. It probably was...but nobody would bet their paycheck on it.

I just watched the video, I was wrong. There were 7 seconds when they snapped the ball. There is clearly 5 seconds left when he 'crossed the goal line'. The official were in way too much of a hurry to give a touchdown to OSU and apparently did not care about the clock. Awesome. Look for another Big12 'explanation/apology'.

If football wanted, they could eliminate the referee on those calls. Same with baseball strikes/balls calls. But, I think fans like the idea that maybe their team might get that undeserved touchdown/strike out call.

Comment

[QUOTE=BCPanther;388758]Iowa State's dine nothing in their athletic history to earn the benefit of the doubt.

They're just damn lucky that Texas decided to keep them around.[/QUOTE

So only historically strong athletic programs deserve the benefit of the doubt in your opinion?

Comment

Everybody deserves a fair shot, but we all know it doesn't work that way.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X