WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coaching moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: coaching moves

I got two words for Illinois:

Jim

Les

Comment

we dont need to pay jake more. hes is either staying or not...it wont be about money.

Comment

Hey Osborne - Doug McDermott hasn't used his redshirt year yet. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
          we dont need to pay jake more. hes is either staying or not...it wont be about money.
          If that's the case, then I'm sure whatever BCS school that hires him away will be very happy that they only have to pay him 700K.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I also think that Jake understands the finacial situation we are in right now and won't ask for more money like so many coaches would that have had the success that he has.

Comment

I thinks Coach Jake would stay indefinately if the McLeod was ALWAYS FULL....

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                well said. It will be full when we win consistently. And I believe we are there next year. ( winning not the crowds at first). 2009-2010 season was perfect example of this. Win and they will come. Count on it.

Coach Jake knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                  No, kidding. This is really the 1 and only missing piece to what is a fantastic basketball program we have. We have the wins, the championships, the NCAA tournaments, great facilities, a new arena, and an amazing coach.

Having a packed house every night is the one thing that those other programs have that we do not. Which is sad...
                  UNI FIGHT

Comment

Apparently, slime ball Cuonzo Martin desperately wants the Illinois job.

I think in the end they go with Johnny Dawkins.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                      No, kidding. This is really the 1 and only missing piece to what is a fantastic basketball program we have. We have the wins, the championships, the NCAA tournaments, great facilities, a new arena, and an amazing coach.

Having a packed house every night is the one thing that those other programs have that we do not. Which is sad...
                      but the prices are too high...

seriously, free parking, the best bang for the buck (proven when we went to the Sweet 16), easy to get in and out of both in person and in your vehicle, and clean safe environment to bring the family. Better yet, if you are a student and can go FOR FREE why the holy hell aren't you at every game?

Comment

I think we can get Jake into the $900-$1MM range, but it will take another sweet sixteen type season.

Dannen said it only took 24 hours to raise the money for Jake's new contract after the Kansas win. The deep pockets are available, they just need a compelling reason to dig into them.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I disagree with this...atleast short run. The asst coaches get paid too. We can't afford asst coaches that have a head coach who makes $1MM. I guarantee all the asst coaches were pissed jake didn't take the A&M gig....their lifestyles could have taken a huge step up...
                          "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

It's being reported that Shaka's big issue with Illinois was the need to recruit Chicagoland, and all the crap/corruption that entails. Illinois is attracting some name candidates, as well they should. That said, they aren't the destination job they think they are. It's a program that SHOULD be a destination, but isn't.

Another potential opening to watch is Northwestern.

Comment

Northwestern is a job that would interest Shaka. His wife is an alum and he grew up in Wisconsin.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Northwestern is a job that would interest Shaka. His wife is an alum and he grew up in Wisconsin.
                                He's not going to turn down Illinois but then take on Northwestern...
                                UNI FIGHT

Comment

Working...
                                X