WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni wbb

Yeah, but Miss St is a 2 seed, KSU is a 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
      I'm guessing, and just a guess, there are two factors at play.

Kansas State's arena is something like 12,500 for capacity, and I believe Stanfords arena is essentially the same size as the McLeod Center. That extra capacity is probably at play.

Location. That is part of the Lexington Region. I haven't looked at the host cities for the other opening weekend in that region, but I'd guess most of them are closer to Lexington than the west coast? I'd also guess that same theme plays out across the bracket? This is least likely.

Comment

K-State is hosting that regional because Stanford is renovating their arena and its not available to host.
        #MACtion

Comment

OK, thanks guys. I've noticed over the years that more that a few D-I teams on both coasts play in what appear to be glorified high school gyms. In areas with a lot of entertainment alternatives vs. college sports, I suppose that might work OK for them.

A couple of positive comments from Iowa City re our presence in the tournament:

“Good for them,” Ally Disterhoft said. “I have some friends on their team, and I’m happy for them. They peaked at the right time. Kudos to them.”

Bluder is a UNI alum and a former Drake coach. “Getting three out of four teams to the NCAA is quite an accomplishment,” she said. “I know UNI is a surprise to a lot of people. But I’m a UNI Panther, and I’m happy for them.”

IOWA CITY — Lisa Bluder has a clear message to her Big Ten comrades: ‘Schedule better,’ she said Tuesday as …

The article is mainly about how light most of the Big Ten WBB teams schedule their non-conference, which sounds quite a bit like discussions here regarding the MVC men.

Comment

Congrats to team captain Angie Davison on winning the Missouri Valley Conference Dr. Charlotte West Scholar Athlete Award today. She was honored for her academic achievement, athletic excellence, and service and leadership.

Comment

Looks like we hired Steven Fennelly as an assistant coach, who did we lose?

Comment

Adam DeJoode is now selling promotional items rather than coaching basketball.

Kaboom.
                #MACtion

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Interesting article in the Courier:

Finally confirmed that Gerrits' knee injury was an ACL; I'd been hoping for something less severe since it appeared to have resulted from a knee-on-knee collision. Coach is hoping to have her available for the start of the regular season, but it seems to be asking a lot for that sort of injury that occurred that recently (although I saw that Iowa's Tania Davis is allegedly back to full strength and her ACL was only about a month or so prior to Gerrits').

Going to be tough to replace three important seniors, plus we have no bigs taller than 6'1", really short for D-I. I'm not quite sold on Kirkpatrick starting at PG, guess we'll see how that goes. I'd rather see Howell there if Gerrits was 100%. I think we'll play good ball, but I don't see us matching last year's success. Drake for one returns a lot of talent despite graduating a couple of great seniors. At Creighton and KSU will be tough, and I don't see us hanging with Iowa or ISU despite having them at home.

Comment

Glad the exhibition was on TV, sure looks like Rucker is the real deal at PG. As with Gerrit's injury last spring, coach Warren is not providing info on Howell's and Kirkpatrick's absences, but we're still putting a good team on the floor (including Gerrits, thankfully).

Comment

Glad the exhibition was on TV, sure looks like Rucker is the real deal at PG. As with Gerrit's injury last spring, coach Warren is not providing info on Howell's and Kirkpatrick's absences, but we're still putting a good team on the floor (including Gerrits, thankfully).
                        Both players told me they are scheduled to be back this Friday ! Looks like UNI has another good team but we will still have trouble with any team that has the 6'3 or taller post player. I did like what I saw us do on Sunday. Those who never make a UNI women's game are missing a quality style of basketball. Go Panthers.

Comment

Good news, thanks!

I'm recalling a few years ago when we had to move Amber Kirschbaum, who was a pretty good forward, to center because we didn't have anyone else. She spent lots of the season in foul trouble. That's my fear for this season, that Maahs will get in foul trouble and have to sit. Drake has a big, stocky 6'5" center who gave us trouble last year and will do so again.

Comment

Great game going on between UNI and ISU tonight. Could be the first time in 15 years we've beaten ISU.

Comment

Huge win by the Panther women tonight! Well done!

Comment

I thought we would be 1-1 at this point, just not this way. I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Congrats ladies!!

Comment

Working...
                                X