WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-Mo to da Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: J-Mo to da Show?

Chad Ford's latest mock draft has Morgan going #53 overall to Boston. I know Ford doesn't have the best reputation as being accurate but this is still the 1st mock draft I have seen that has Morgan on it.

Sidenote: Has UNI ever had a player drafted before?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
      https://twitter.com/jeremiahdavis10/...29144033751040

Chad Ford's latest mock draft has Morgan going #53 overall to Boston. I know Ford doesn't have the best reputation as being accurate but this is still the 1st mock draft I have seen that has Morgan on it.

Abdel Nader was the D-League ROTY and drafted around this spot by the Celtics last year... Wouldn't surprise me to see Morgan drafted.

Comment

I will buy that Celts gamer in a heartbeat, and I could not care less about the team as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
          https://twitter.com/jeremiahdavis10/...29144033751040

Yes http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/co.../204/nba-draft
          "Lot of people talked about Ohio State or Georgetown or Michigan State or whoever, [or] Maryland in our bracket. When the brackets came out, the first team I looked at was Northern Iowa," Kansas Coach Bill Self.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            This is all going to be so much easier when they finally have enough G-League (Yes, they're changing the name thanks to a Gatorade sponsorship) teams so that it's a true Triple-A for the NBA.
            I think they should make it the D+ league

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
              Wait, Memphis sold the team, but kept the players? That's... odd.
              The players will go to wherever Memphis stashes their G League guys. That presumably includes Wes Washpun. The Iowa roster will include the same from Minnesota. The local team always manages the sign a player or two who has some kind of local roots to attract interest, so the new Iowa team will probably follow that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                The players will go to wherever Memphis stashes their G League guys. That presumably includes Wes Washpun. The Iowa roster will include the same from Minnesota. The local team always manages the sign a player or two who has some kind of local roots to attract interest, so the new Iowa team will probably follow that.
                Minnesota didn't have a G League team - so they can't just bring their guys over per se.

They split their guys between 5 GL teams when they've assigned them - Iowa, Sioux Falls, Idaho, Erie, and Florida. Almost all of the guys that spent time in the G Leauge last year were roster guys

They haven't had a guy in the G League since Adreian Payne in Jan/Feb of 2016.

Since 2005 only 14 Wolves players have spent time in the G League - for a grand combined total of 305 days and well over half of them were by 2 guys in the 05/06 season - Dwayne Jones (77 days) and Bracey Wright (136 days). That is 213 of the 305 days assigned by Wolves players.

Current Wolves have spent 31 total days assigned - Payne had 7, Tyus Jones had 16 in December of his rookie year (2015) and Shbazz Muhammed had 8 in his rookie year of 2018.

I'm not sure where the players for the roster are coming from, but I certainly hope guys like Wes, Tuttle, Morgan (if not drafted), etc... can be the local guys that GL teams love to sign for fan reasons.
                Last edited by claw; 06-20-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Couple new things, Sporting News ranks J-Mo as the 55th prospect, and ESPN's Kevin Pelton says that he thinks the Spurs should take him with the 29th overall pick. There's a decent shot he gets drafted (though 29th is pretty high).

Comment

Couple new things, Sporting News ranks J-Mo as the 55th prospect, and ESPN's Kevin Pelton says that he thinks the Spurs should take him with the 29th overall pick. There's a decent shot he gets drafted (though 29th is pretty high).
                    Danny Green has had a really good career with the Spurs by knocking down jumpers and being a good defender. He's basically the same size as Jeremy. Jeremy could ultimately be a younger/cheaper version of Danny Green for SA.

Comment

Jeremy Morgan was put on this Earth to be a rotation player for Pop. He's perfect for 10 minutes a night in that system. Plus defender, good passer, can be a plus jump shooter with a little work.

I think he'll get to camp with somebody, just a matter of fit after that. He'll only be the 2nd UNI player to get to camp in the 'modern era'. Jason Reese was the Celtics last cut in 1990-91.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Morgan's signed up with Golden State for the Summer League. They have three scheduled games, two of which are on ESPN 2.

Comment

Morgan's signed up with Golden State for the Summer League. They have three scheduled games, two of which are on ESPN 2.
                          When are the televised games?
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                            When are the televised games?
                            Saturday July 8th at 9:30, Monday July 10th at 7:30, and tuesday July 11th at 7:30. The first and last games are both on ESPN 2, the middle game is on NBA TV.

Comment

Very cool to hear. Glad to see Valley guys getting a chance.
                              Sycamore Pride | NBA Basketball Forum

Comment

Apparently Morgan has not signed with Golden State for the Summer League, as he is listening to "very intriguing offers." The only thing I can think of being more intriguing than playing Summer League for the champs is that another team wants him to play for them because they actually would consider having him on the NBA roster. I could be way off base, but I can't think of any better situations.

In other news, Washpun will play on the Memphis summer team.

Comment

Working...
                                X