WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB spring/summer 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VB spring/summer 2016

I don't really follow recruiting at all, so I don't know anything about that.
    And my apologies, the squabbling and snarkiness in other discussions that I read on these boards must have had a detrimental effect on me.

Comment

Apology accepted.

Comment

Do we know if she is on scholarship? This is the time of year when walk ons who sign financial letters of agreement (or some phrase like that) are able to be announced. I believe Martino and Conrey were announced around this time of year.
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

not UNI-related, but it appears that 4 players have left Drake's team (or at least they are no longer on the roster), leaving the roster with only 9 total players. though it doesn't have any freshmen (updated for this fall's status), so perhaps they just haven't added the incoming recruits yet. Still, that's a fairly small roster.

Comment

Because they are our travel partner, it is not good for us to have them be craptastic, right?

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
              Because they are our travel partner, it is not good for us to have them be craptastic, right?
              with the scheduling setup of the MVC, it is certainly beneficial to have a travel partner that is reasonably competitive, so that opposing teams can't focus solely on gameplanning for their matches against you.

Unfortunately, it has been a while since UNI has enjoyed that privilege.
              The last time UNI's travel partner has had a conference record better than .500 was 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                Do we know if she is on scholarship? This is the time of year when walk ons who sign financial letters of agreement (or some phrase like that) are able to be announced. I believe Martino and Conrey were announced around this time of year.
                The article that was in the WCF Courier and the release on the UNI website said Coach Peterson "signed" her. That sounds like a scholarship offer to me.

Help me understand: if a student-athlete is walking on and hence not receiving a scholarship, there wouldn't be any "financial letter of agreement" to sign, right?

Comment

I believe that once the student athlete gets admitted and signs on to accept academic or financial aid (school, state, fed), it is then permissible for a school to make a public release.

Conrey's press release last year: http://www.unipanthers.com/news/2015...px?path=mbball
                  Martino 'signs' with UNI: http://www.unipanthers.com/news/2010...px?path=mbball

So, that's what I'm saying is that I wonder if she's a walk on or scholarship student athlete.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Looking at UNI's upcoming volleyball opponents in terms of the final numbers/rankings from last season (may not be an exact assesment, given how rosters change via graduation, transfers, etc. But its the offseason and I'm bored).

The average RPI of all regular season opponents is 104, with a non-conference average of 65 and an MVC average of 133.
                    Pablo rankings are similar, with total season average being 106, non-con 62, and MVC 138.

Two top-ten road matches at USC (4 RPI, 5 Pablo) and at Kansas (6 RPI, 6 Pablo), as well as matches against Creighton (14 RPI, 27 Pablo), Kentucky (24 RPI, 32 Pablo), Iowa State (26 RPI, 28 Pablo), and Michigan (31 RPI, 18 Pablo).

The top of the MVC has good rankings: Wichita State (30/37), Missouri State (35/62), SIU (41/72). But the bottom is pretty bad, with Drake, Evansville, and Bradley all being 200+.
                    Last edited by vbfan19; 06-26-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X